Chapter 9

Chapter 9

::Jay::

I printed out the pictures I had of her the next day and couldn't help but smile.

She had the prettiest smile I had ever seen.

I shook my head. She was getting to me. I was getting distracted, not good.

2 weeks have passed, and I'm not getting any closer to getting the diamonds. We hang out every day but I can't exactly go up to her and ask her straight on if she has the diamonds or not.

And now the other gang was on me, I had to act fast. I had to get out of here as soon as I can.

I left the hotel and drove to a nearby bar. The music was loud, people were playing pool in the corner, other's smoking and playing poker. Some were even dancing and girls where everywhere.

A redhead caught my eye and she winked as she walked by. I gave her a grin and walked over to the counter where the bartender was. He was an old man, about 50, cleaning the counter tops and handing out people's drinks. He looked at me when I sat down on a stool.

"What can I get you, son?" he asked.

"Glass of brandy, thanks."

"Can I see your ID?"

I took it out and showed it to him. He nodded and passed me my drink.

I drank it in one big gulp. "Another one, please." I lifted the glass in my hand and shook it.

"Guys like you are very rare at this place," a velvety voice said in my ear and the redhead sat down beside me.

"Guys like me? Care to explain?" I watched her as she leaned forward, showing off her cleavage. Yup, definitely a hoe.

"Rich, handsome guys. But you have a bad boy image, I can sense the vibe." She looked me up and down making it obvious that she was checking me out. I swallowed my second glass of Brandy and asked for another.

"I'm Jay." I introduced myself.

She stood up and put her arms around my neck. "You don't need to know my name, you'll be too busy to care." she grinned and I put down my now empty glass and smiled back at her.

::Shannon::

*the next day*

Ugh, why can't I get him out of my mind? He was so romantic...

Are we really going out? We haven't kissed yet..

I touched my lips softly but then let my hand drop to my side. I'm so stupid, why would a guy like him date some one like me?

I sighed and shook my head.

Even if he did like me, which I highly doubt he does, I wouldn't care. I shouldn't care.

Because all guys are cheaters, just like Nick was.

I got ready for school and when I arrived I quickly walked over to my locker. I forgot to do my English lit. homework and I tapped Melissa, a girl in my class.

"Oh, hey Shannon." she smiled when she turned to look at me.

"hey. I have a favour to ask, can I copy the answers off you for English? I tottaly forgot to do the homework."

"Um, yeah ok." she rummaged in her locker and pulled out her English copy.

"Thanks" I took if and smiled at her gratefully. She nodded and locked her locker, then walked away.

"Copying homework? Tsk, tsk, tsk." a familiar voice said behind me. I spun around and laughed when I saw Jay. He was wearing dark sunglasses, his blonde hair a mess (a sexy mess may I add) He was wearing black. Black jeans, black converse, black t-shirt and a black jacket.

But he was always wearing a jacket so no surprise there.

"What's so funny?" he adjusted the shades on his nose.

"Your voice is all hoarse."

He cleared his throat. "I had a few drinks last night." he shrugged.

I raised my eyebrows. "Where?"

"Just at a club."

"'kay." I sat down on the nearest bench and started copying the answers from Melissa's copy to mine. Jay sat beside me, leaning back against the wall. I slowly glanced at him.

"Do you mind?"

He chuckled. "Is there a problem?"

"actually, there is-"

"So it's problem for you that I'm sitting here?" his voice was still hoarse but he sounded amused now.

"Kinda, yes."

"So I should leave?"

"Mmhmm." I continued copying.

"why?" he nudged me with his elbow. Just a little too hard.

"Ow!"  I rubbed my ribs.

"Sorry, I guess I don't know my own strentgh." He crossed his arms.

I rolled my eyes and slamned the copies closed, mine and Melissa's.

"I can't do my homework here," I got up.

"But you're copying, you're not actually doing it." Jay shook his head.

I was about to say something when Clarabelle and her little clique of girls walked over.

"Hey Jay," Clarabell coo-ed.

Jay's eyebrows rose. "Clarabelle." he stood up and flung an arm around her.

I tried not to look.

"What's up?" Jay asked smoothly and they began talking. But then a girl stopped Clarabelle.

"Oh yeah." Clarabelle scowled at me. "I can't."

"Can't what?" Jay asked.

"Can't ask you to come to this party tonight." Clarabelle grinned at Jay.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because that would mean that you had to be there too. Afterall, couples are a package deal." Clarabelle looked from me to Jay and back again. Jay laughed.

"To be honest, I've never seen you guys hug, kiss or hold hands before." A girl from Clarabelle's group of Barbie Dolls said. I shot daggers at her, but she just smirked.

"That's cause Shannon here doesn't do public affection." Jay points his thumb at me. "She's not a good kisser either," he whispers.

I gape at him as all of the girls laugh.

OH MY GOD!

"I'm not a good kisser?!"

He didn't even kiss me yet!

"Nope." Jay looked at me and popped the 'p'.

I stalked closer to him and grabbed him by the collar of his t-shirt, and pushed him against the wall. He stumbled back and I pressed him harder down, my grip firm. I was about to plant one on him when the bell suddenly rang and the girls walked away.

"Bye Jay." Clarabelle swayed her hips from side to side as she waved to Jay and shot me a cold glare.

I let go of Jay and he fixed his collar. 

"You're such a jerk!"

He chuckled.

"Stop laughing! I didn't even finish my homework!" I stomped on his foot (ok, childish I know..) and walked away, furious. How can he say that I'm not a good kisser when he didn't even kiss me yet?!

Stupid jerk.