2: Mad Eye Moody

Ember's P.O.V.

Humming softly to myself, I stroll through the woods, Ghost following close behind me. I had managed to steal five weeks supplies but I had given a fair amount away.

Back when I lived on the streets, I made a lot of friends in similar positions to me. It was there I learnt how unfair society is. The rich get richer as the poor get poorer. This horrible cycle continues until the poor get stamped into dust. I'm not going to let that happen.

Now that I was an experienced enough thief, I always gave half my money away to the less fortunate and sometimes made a donation towards a local dog charity.

Ghost starts tugging at my sleeve and looks up at me with large eyes. Sighing, I pull my rucksack on securely and set off at a jog through the trees. Ghost follows me, leaping over logs and bushes with a happy expression. It is in these woods I feel truly free.

The wind blows down my hood and my dyed black hair flies out, dancing in the breeze. It used to be bright red but I changed it along with everything else when I ran away. My name didn't used to be Ember, it was Anna Thorn, but that reminds me of the pain I have suffered in the past.

As we near the cabin, Ghost turns to me before barking loudly and running off, Alex must be here again. Alex is my best friend; I met him 4 years ago when he tried to pick Mad Eye Moody's pocket:

My eyes shifted across the area, I was short on money and needed a win today if I wasn't going to starve. Out of the corner of my eye I saw another figure in a hoodie slinking in the shadows. Curious, I leant against a wall to watch.

The figure glanced across the street for other threats and I catch a glimpse of it's face. The person is a boy, about my age with short brown hair. I can't see much more from this distance.

He made his way towards a group of uniformed people with this funny bird logo. I had avoided then because I'm not going to steal from anyone too dangerous.

The boy heads for the rich looking guy in the middle. This man looks like he stepped out of the movies, he wears a large black trench coat and an eyepatch over one eye. Needing something to call him, his nickname becomes Mad Eye Moody.