4: Just a couple of agents

Natasha's P.O.V.

I wake up suddenly and find myself sitting on top of a roof. What's going on? Then the day's events start coming back to me. I groan and pull myself up.

Climbing back down from the roof I head into the café from earlier in need of a coffee. Something strong.

I hobble to the counter and place my order when I notice something out of the corner of my eye.

On the table in the corner lies a large black book. Her sketchbook. She must have left it behind.

I take my drink and pick it up. I'll look at it later to see if I can figure anything out. For now, I have to get back to Avengers tower to tell the others what we are dealing with.

***

Entering the elevator, I sigh and close my eyes. "JARVIS, get everyone to meet me in the main room immediately. Tell them it's urgent."

"I have notified the others, Agent Romanoff. Not all the Avengers are currently in the building but I have contacted those available." the AI answers.

"Thank you JARVIS." I wish Tony was away today, that would make admitting my defeat a lot easier.

The elevator doors open and I enter the room. Sitting on a chair, I wait for the others to arrive.

How did I get knocked out by a young girl? Her powers, whatever they are, may have defeated me in the end but she had already beaten me before that. The bullet would have handicapped her but she still could have gotten away.

Whoever this girl is, she is a danger to the people around her. She might lose control and kill somebody. This is no longer just personal.

The elevator doors open again and Tony, Steve, Wanda, Clint and Sam walk in looking worried. When they see the foot shaped bruise on my face and my angry look they mostly look concerned.

When I say mostly, I mean everyone but Tony who collapses with laughter. "You got beaten by a little girl." He sniggers loudly.

"She looks about fifteen actually." I reply angrily. Thinking about it, not the best thing to say.

Tony replies smugly, "I'm sorry, the super spy assassin who got hired as an avenger got beaten by a fifteen year old girl who calls her Pumpkin Head." This time Wanda starts laughing hysterically.

"Really funny Tony, but this fifteen year old girl was better than me at hand to hand combat, disintegrated a bullet and my gun, and knocked me out with thick black mist."

Everybody stared at me in shock. Sighing, I place her sketchbook on the table and open a laptop. Hacking into a security camera I noticed on the roof, I rewind the footage and show them the fight. Tony looks like he's about to faint.

"So yes, I got beaten by a little girl, Tony. If you wouldn't mind, can we start trying to find her or do you just want her just wandering about?"

"She'll have left the city." Steve says.

"So we search. I'll call Fury and send him the footage. Tony and Clint, start trying to track her. Steve and Sam, look for where she's been staying, see if you can find any clues. Wanda, have a look through this." I say handing her the sketchbook.

"A.) What is that? And B.) You're not the boss of me Nat." Tony replies. Really? He has to be stubborn.

"This is her sketchbook which she left behind by accident, and I can boss you around so get to work or you'll be hanging from the top of the Statue of Liberty without your suit."

He sighs and gets to work. Fury is going to be so annoyed I lost to a teenage girl.

***

Ember's P.O.V.

I through the woods, everything I need stuffed into my rucksack, Ghost following at my heels. A twig breaks in front of me and I skid to a stop, scanning between the trees.

"Going sonewhere without me Flame, I thought we were friends..."

"Alex!" He raises an eyebrow at me. I mentally sigh, giving in. "That redhead I told you about followed me, she's some sort of agent and I had to use my powers to get away."

"And you thought you'd leave without saying goodbye? I'm going with you Flame and you can't stop me."

Knowing he's right, I roll my eyes and start at a jog. He follows behind me. "You know they won't stop. They'll be looking for me wherever I go now. There is no hiding."

"Ember." He says calmly. When he calls me that I know that he is serious. "She's just some woman. It's not like they're sending everyone after you, just a couple of agents. You have nothing to be afraid of."

"I called her Carrots, whoever that woman is she's going to chase me down." At that Alex starts laughing. I glare at him and we continue in silence.

A few minutes later he speaks up. "You know we could take a train right? Or a ship or a plane or something that doesn't involve running."

"Why are you too weak? We're running until we reach a main road, we'll hitchhike from there. That way it'll be harder to find us to star off with. They can't just check security footage."

He nodds in agreement and we run. Run away from the place I once called home. Its just a couple of agents I think to myself. It's not like they're sending the avengers after me.

A/N Once again, thank you for reading. I'm sorry I didn't update sooner I was busy. Tony is a bit OCC so sorry about that as well.
Please comment below if you think Alex and Ember should just be friends, or become something a little more.

TheBookThief11