Chapter 1

Derek's POV:

I can't believe Emily and David turn 1 in a couple of days. We have so much to do so Rossi offered to watch the twins until Sunday because he said and I quote "I need to teach those kids the Italian way".

So I plan to go shopping for all the decorations and groceries for the cook out and pick up the kids presents so that I can have all day with my wife tomorrow before the party on Sunday.

I know she's getting frustrated because I have been working at my new job lately repairing houses for people and then coming home and helping take care of the kids. Therefore, I haven't been devoting as much time to her as I did before the babies were born and I need to fix that.

Penelope's POV:

The babies are at Rossi's and Derek insisted on me staying here to relax while he shopped. The babies have been growing so well. Even though we don't work at the BAU anymore we still live in Quantico and the team is over here literally all the time. Literally. Sometimes I have to make them go to their own homes.

Every thing has been good except for one detail. Derek and I haven't gotten to spend any time together. He's always working all day and then coming home and playing with the kids and then going to bed. I miss him. We used to spend every second possible together and now the most I get is a kiss on the cheek, not even on the lips, and an "I love you, Baby Girl" as he turns his lamp out and we go to sleep.

I hear the door open which brings me out of my train of thought. Derek must be back.

Derek's POV:

I carry all the bags in the house, shut the door, and lock it.

"Penelope, I'm home," I yell as I put the groceries up and put the presents on the table.

A yelled "Upstairs," is all I get in response. I finish putting every thing away and then walk upstairs and to our room.

I walk into the doorway and she's sitting on her side of the bed in one of my t-shirts flipping through the channels. She looks so beautiful. I think she's her prettiest when she's got her hair up in that messy bun and she's wearing my clothes and no makeup.

"You just gonna stand there and stare at me all night or are you gonna come in?" She says with a slight smirk.

"Hello, my beautiful wife," I say after I walk over to the bed and get on my side.

"Hi, my handsome husband," she replies.

I lean in and place a soft kiss on her cheek pulling her over where she's leaning into my side.

"What are we doing tomorrow? I mean I'm sure you'll go work on houses and I'll just stay home, but is there anything we need to get done?" She asks kinda sadly.

"Hey, I'm not gonna miss a chance to spend a whole day with my wife, just me and her," I say as I put my finger under her chin making her look at me.

"I just figured that since Em and Dave aren't here you have no reason to come home early-"

"What's that supposed to mean, I 'have no reason to come home early'?"

"Since the kids aren't here you don't have a reason to come home early....", Her voice drops to almost a whisper, "You obviously don't want to be stuck here with me all day." I see her eyes shine with unshed tears.

"Baby girl, I'm sorry I've been an asshole lately. I always want to spend time with you. It's just work-"

Penelope's POV:

I interrupt him midsentence.

"Derek, that's just an excuse and you know it. You basically choose your own hours. We never get to talk anymore and we rarely even kiss or show any kind of affection. You used to not be able to keep your hands off of me and now you hardly even touch me to hold my hand. Those kids are the best thing to happen to us, but we need to make time for just us, Hot Stuff. It has gotten to the point that I miss you even when you're laying right beside me" I finish as a tear flows down my cheek.

"Baby girl, I miss you too. So much. I still want to touch you and kiss you all the time. I can't keep my eyes off of you. Nothing has changed. I still want you just as much as I did that day you walked through the bullpen and I couldn't remember your name..... I'll fix it. I'll start working less hours every day and on one of my days off every week we will send Em and Dave to one of their many volunteer babysitters. That way we'll have a day just for us," he says looking me in the eyes.

"Promise?"

"Promise" he says as he leans down and kisses me on the lips. It was meant to be a soft loving kiss, but it got heated quickly. We haven't done this in what seems like forever, just letting ourselves get lost in a kiss.

I move to where I am straddling him with my arms wrapped around his neck. One of his hands is on my hip the other on on the back of my head with his fingers tangled into my hair.

"You're so beautiful" he whispers against my lips as he coaxes them open. As soon as my lips part he sticks his tongue in my mouth and our tongues and lips move in perfect harmony. I take my arm from around his neck and slide one of my hands down to his chest   and place it over his heart. I'm just about to take this up a notch when he pulls away slightly, much to my dissapointment.

"I love you, Baby Girl" he says looking into my eyes.

"I love you too, Baby Boy," I respond as I lean in to kiss him again.

Maybe we'll be okay after all. I should've never doubted my Hot Stuff. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

----------------------------------------------

Hey y'all! So that was the first chapter. I will update again very soon. I love all of you! Don't forget to vote and comment what you really think. ❤️