Jealousy Part 2

At some point Gwaine had to stop. Merlin, who was not hesitating so far suddenly, had stopped and seemed to doubt. He was about to come forward and tell his friend they could split up when he heard a noise. The knight hid himself the best he could hoping Merlin  wouldn't get caught. Gwaine could now hear some steps and was relieved when he saw Agravaine. But the King's uncle was not supposed to be there either, so instead of coming forward the knight stayed hidden, and stopped following his friend for a moment and started following the third intruder.

There he was now, standing over Gaius' body saying that he should die. But he couldn't let that happen, so he made a rather loud entrance and said with some relief in his voice "He is alive! Great. I think we should ride back to Camelot as soon as possible. I will go search for Merlin, now." leaving the two men together. the knight wasn't sure that it was the best course of action, but he had to find Merlin, and since he had assessed that Gaius was alive. It would be impossible for Agravaine to kill him now-hopefully.

Gwaine now following the other tunnel, the one in which Merlin must have had disappeared since he was not by Gaius' side. That's when he saw Merlin facing Morgan, arms outstretched. The knight drew his sword and was ready to charge her, when the man standing beside her hit her-knocking her out. But that was actually not the most surprising moment. No! Far from that.

The guy- Alator as he introduced himself, was now kneeling in front of Merlin. He was calling him Emrys and saying that his destiny was great and that he would receive all the help he wanted from the Catha. That's when Merlin turned around to try and find Gaius. Gwaine stepped outside of the shadow and said "Gaius is with Agravaine, and he was fine the last time I saw him." That sentence only made Merlin run faster to his mentor.

They were back in Camelot , and Gwaine was now facing a dilemma. He had to tell Arthur about Merlin, but he didn't want to tell Arthur about Merlin. Well actually he wanted to, but was afraid of the consequences. Alator was obviously a magic user, and the only reason he would kneel in front of Merlin would be if his best friend also had magic and was stronger than him.