x. anzar

"Bye, mom!" I said, leaving the taxi that would drive her to the pre-school she was newly teaching at.

As I entered, the guard kindly opened the door for me, smiling and greeting me 'Good morning!' Grinning, I went into the elevator, yawning from exhaustion. I was up majority of the night ensuring I remembered the lyrics and spent time straightening my hair.

DING! The elevator went, opening its doors for me. Upon entrance, a hoard of kids were already racing around the studio, giggling and laughing, all wearing their bracelets meaning I was in the right place.

"Hi Ava! Welcome sa Team Sarah area na puro laruan at biruan!" Coach Sarah greeted joyfully, playing with some of the younger kids.

"Avacado!" I heard someone shouting across the room. I turned around, noticing it was Darren, carrying two Starbucks drinks.

"Dragon Fruit!" I exclaimed, embracing Darren.

"I got you something." He smiled, showing his dimple, giving me my ULTIMATE favourite drink from Starbucks, the Java Chip Frappucino.

"OMG thank you!" I thanked, hugging him and then leaping around the room in delight. "How did you know that this was my favourite?" I queried, eyeing him as if he was a stalker.

"Your Instagram page, doof," He chuckled.

"Oh, so we're back to enemies now, is that how this is?" I teased.

"Bring it on." He replied, getting closer and closer to my face, his chinito eyes eating me alive.

"MEEP!" I shouted nervously by how charming he looked.

"Alright mga kids! It's time to find out who is in your team! We will call one of you first, then the rest will follow. Let's start with Isaac." Coach Sarah announced, motioning Isaac towards her.

After several groups were announced, my name was called next. I entered an auditorium filled with rows of rich red seats, going over to the piano guy, cameras on me. I blew a kiss to the cameras, feeling like a model like when I was a child, posing for certain adverts.

"Hi po Coach Sarah." I waved to her and grinned.

"Huwag naman Coach, Ava, ate na lang. Hi!" She said sophisticatedly. I admire Ate Sarah. She's so classy and finesse. "Do you want to see the people in your team now?" She asked.

"Sige po, Ate." I laughed, turning around to see who I was competing against with.

[a|n: guys the characters being introduced are fictional and weren't actually in tvk season one, ok? my friends wanted to be in the story so these characters are based on them. keep on reading my obsessors. 💕✨✌🏻️]

"Come out, please!" Coach Sarah asked.

A girl who I wasn't familiar of came out, her uneven bangs covering her face with a black clip securing some hair back.

"Ava, meet Vico, Vico, meet Ava."

"Hi, Vico! Can I call you Vixie na lang, para I can remember that it more." I asked, smiling, reaching my hand out for her to shake it.

"Ehem, hi, Ava..and yes, you can call me Vixie." She awkwardly said, shaking my had for a second.

"Alright! Next contestant out, please!" Coach Sarah called.

Anzar, a family friend of ours who used to live in London, came out, my eyes widening, my jaw extending in shock.

"Anzar?? What are you doing here?" I questioned, trying to sink in why he was here.

"Um, I'm here to sing, Ava! Isn't that why we're all here?" He teased, taking what I said literally.

"Ugh, your just as playful as JK, Anzar, times haven't changed." I giggled, rolling my eyes. "I thought you were in London."

"Yeah, we moved here again for Dad's business." He explained as I nodded.

Anzar is half British, half Filipino. Before, they used to live in South London, like us, however because of his dad's business, his family always used to move back and forth to different countries.

"Alright, guys! Let's get started. All of you are very strong belters, so that's why I chose 'Ikaw Ay ako' as your battle round song. The underlined parts are Vico's, the italic parts are Anzar's, the bold parts are Ava's and the normal letter words are everyone's.

Sa bawat pintig ng puso ay
Dama ko na bahagi ka ng buhay ko
Kahit na itago pa
Kahit na ilihim pa
Kita ko sayong mata
Tayong dalawa ay iisa

Puso ang siyang nagsasabi
Na ika'y Kahati ng aking kalul'wa
Kahit pa hindi sabihin
Ay dama ng puso na ikaw ay ako
Wagas na pag-ibig
Ay di magbabago

Sa pag-iisa madadama ko naro'n ka
Sa isip ko'y kasama ka
Di madaya ang puso
Sa lukso ng aking dugo
Tunay na pagmamahal
Ay hindi maglalaho

Puso (tunay ang) ang siyang nagsasabi (puso mo)
Na ika'y Kahati (hanggan sa aking) ng aking kalul'wa (na hindi ko madama ang pagmamahal ko)
Kahit pa hindi sabihin (bakit ang)
Ay dama ng puso (ganyan na) na ikaw ay ako (di ko madama sa puso mo)
Wagas na pag-ibig ay di magbabago

Nakikita ko
Ikaw ay nagbabago

Puso ang siyang nagsasabi
Na ika'y Kahati ng aking kalul'wa
Kahit pa hindi sabihin
Ay dama ng puso na ikaw ay ako
Wagas na pag-ibig
Ay di magbabago
Hindi magbabago... whoa whoa...

Wagas na pag-ibig
Ay di
Magbabago

"Perfect guys! You'll ace it during the battles! See you then next week, bye!" Coach Sarah praised, applauding. Even the camera men and piano guy did.

"Hey, well done, Ava. It was nice to see you again. We should hang out more often." Anzar smiled, revealing his cute dimple.

Okay, make that three guys to choose from. Heh, I'm a mess.

"Cough, cough! Ship ship ship!" Vixie muttered, causing me to blush.

We all left the auditorium, Anzar smiling at me for what seemed like a century. Not like I was complaining, however. I noticed Darren was waiting for me.

"Hey, Avacad—who's this?" He asked, his smile fading.

"Oh, this is Anzar! We were friends in London and surprisingly he's moved here too. Anzar, meet Darren, Darren, meet Anzar." I replied, urging Anzar to shake his hands.

Anzar

Ava urged me to shake this Darren's hand. Hmph, like we haven't met before. I remember those friendly yet cold Canadian days. For my Ava, I shakedown his hand, tightly. So he's my competition yet again.

"Hi, Darren." I plainly said, fake smiling, yet on the inside scowling.

"Anzar, nice to meet you again."

Oh it's on, Espanto.