Chapter 9 - Ash's Darkest Secret

(Third Person)

All of Team Phoenix walked back to Luminous City. By the time they got back, it was 8:00pm. The whole group walked to their team house and walked into the living room. Everyone, but Ash, sat on the couches. "Does anyone have the first aid kit?" Ash asked. "Oh. Uh...Here" Serena answered as she went to get it and threw it to him. He caught it and then went upstairs to his room. "He's not very social" Lucy said. "He's definitely confusing" Serena replied. She then sat on the remain seat on the couch.

For the next 20 minutes. The living room was filled with life as everyone talked happily with Meyer and Lucy. "We were so worried about you" Clemont said to his mum and dad as Bonnie was hugging them tightly. "We're sorry you two. We promise we aren't going away again" Meyer and Lucy said.

They all quickly looked towards the arch way to the room to see Ash coming into the room. "Thanks" Ash said as he threw the first aid kit towards Serena. It landed on the side of the couch, next to her. They all watched Ash as he leaned against the nearest wall.

The room was quiet for a while after that, until someone finally spoke. "Hey Ash. Are you going to tell us about these "dark secrets" of yours?" Calem asked as he stood up. "No" Ash simply answered. "what?" Calem said in a slightly irritated tone. Ash looked up at him and just looked at him with his blank stare. "No" Ash repeated. "Why not!" Calem said loudly, but not shouting. "You have to tell us! We are a team after all!" Calem said. "I don't HAVE to tell you anything!" Ash said loudly in an almost threatening tone.

Everyone else in the room just exchanged glances between Ash and Calem as they spoke. "What exactly would knowing my past mean to any of you!" Ash said in a loud voice as he looked at everyone in the room. "How about telling us how you know so much about this Mutated Pokemon Energy!" Calem said. Ash didn't reply. "What. No comeback!" Calem added. This caused Ash to give him and angry stare which caused Calem to step backwards.

The conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door to the house. "I'll get it" Dawn said as she stood up and rushed to the door. Calem sat back down, but Ash was still looked at him.

Dawn came back into the room a few seconds later. "Guys. Oak's here, he wanted to talk about something" Dawn explained as she sat down. They all saw Oak walk into the room. "Hello everyone" Oak said. He then noticed Meyer and Lucy. "Meyer, Lucy. You're back" Oak said in a happy tone. "Yea. Ash saved us" They both replied as they pointed to Ash. Oak looked at Ash. "Thank you Ash for saving them" Oak thanked. "Yea" Ash replied.

"Anyway. There's something I wanted to talk to you all about. It's about the Mutated Pokemon Energy" Oak added. "Really" everyone but Ash replied. "Yes, I'll tell you now" Oak said. "I found out that a few years ago, Team Rocket had made their first sample of the Mutated Pokemon Energy" Oak started. "Apparently. They were planning to use it to make Pokemon even more powerful than they could usually ever be and they would be able to completely control them through the Mutated Energy" Oak continued.

"No way. Is that even possible?" Gary asked. Oak looked at him. "According to the files. They were very confident in it" Oak answered. "Also" Oak added as he looked at everyone. "The files talked about something they called "Subject triple O, one" which I'm suspecting is some Pokemon" Oak explained. "They said it was the first subject they injected with the Energy and after 2 weeks, the subject's body had adapted to the energy and became very strong. The files also said the experiments to see if the subject could be controlled were successful" Oak explained.

"That's means we could have a huge problem, if that Pokemon was to attack with Team Rocket controlling it. Who knows what it could do" Misty said in a worried tone.