17. The Masquerade

IICaroline ForbesII

                                                         IIThe Next DayII

                       "Mom, where are you going? And where's Kathleen? I heard her come in last night." I asked. She just shook her head. Ugh! She never tells me anything! I hate it when she does this! It's so annoying. I sighed and stomped up to my room. Then I sat in my window seat and stared out the window. It was raining. Good. I like it when it rains. It's so peaceful. That's when I came up with an idea. I would call Katherine! She must know where she is. Yeah. She does. She better know or she's gonna be dead meat-literally. I picked up my phone and dialed Katherine's number. 

                       "Hello?" She answered.

                       "Hi. Do you know where Kathleen is? She's supposed to be helping me pick out an outfit for the Masquerade Ball." I asked.

                       "Yeah. She's right here. Hold on." She said, giving the phone to Kathleen.

                       "Hey, Caroline. What's up?" Kathleen asked. 

                       "Oh nothing. I was just wondering when you were going to help me pick out a dress for the Masquerade Ball since you and Anna decided to leave me behind when you guys went shopping last time." I said. I could hear her slap her forehead.

                       "Crap! I totally forgot about that. I'll be over in two seconds-literally." She said, hanging up. Just then the doorbell rang. Wow, she really meant it. I ran downstairs and opened the door for her. 

  -------------------------------------------

                  "Okay, what about this one?" I asked holding up a silky blue dress. Kathy sighed. 

                  "That'll look good on you. Really. It will. Tyler will love it." She said. I smiled. 

                  "Okay, since you're already dressed, let's go party it up!" I shouted.

---------------------------------------------

            IIKathleen PierceII

                   Once Caroline, Anna, Elena, Faye and I got dressed, we decided to leave. The hotel that the ball was being held at was fabulous! It was all fancy and stuff. The floor was marble and the walls were golden. Pretty cool. As soon as we walked in, I spotted just the person I was looking for. Damon. I smiled and walked over to him.

               "I thought you didn't like these type of things." I said. He smirked.

               "I don't. Just thought you needed the extra protection. With Klaus and Mrs. Forbes on the lookout for you and all." He said. I could see right through it though. 

               "Are you sure? You seem like you're here because you want a late-night bite. But, I may be wrong." I said. I was so cracking him. 

               "Maybe so. But, as long as we're here, we might as well have some F-U-N!" He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me onto the dance floor. Everyone was dancing crazily. But, then a slow song came on. Both Damon and I looked at one another and smiled. Damon then grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. The song that was playing was: Kiss Me by Jason Walker. I love this song! I'm sure Damon requested it to be played for me.

               His arms wrapped around my waist whilst mine locked around his neck. I then rested my head against his shoulder. I could feel his smile upon me. I closed my eyes and nearly fell into a deep sleep. But, I managed to stay awake.  I looked up at Damon and smiled warmly at him. 

           "Tired?" He asked. I nodded quite sleepily. He smirked. "Well, this will surely wake you up." He said. Then, his lips were on mine. He kissed me soft and gently. It was the best kiss ever-besides all the other ones.  When he pulled away, he had a smile planted across his mouth.           

           "Yup. I'm totally awake now." I said. By that time, the song had ended. I hadn't even known the song was over! Wow.  "I'm going to go get a drink." I told him, walking into the room where the refreshments were.  Once I got there, I stood there speechless.

                     There in front of me was......

                           Rebekah......