Black and Green

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to GinnyJeanLovegood because (he/she? i dont know) was like my first reader and every update you're supporting and continuing to read so thank you so much!! It really means a lot, you have no idea :) Thank you so much <3

Anyway, enjoy!

"If this behaviour continues, boys, I may have to call your parents in to talk to them myself," Stanford growled, his eyes popping out his forehead as he glared down and Scor and Al. They sheepishly hung their heads. Al felt Scorpius stiffen beside him at the mention of his parents. Did Stanford not care that those idle threats might hurt Scor, more than any number of detentions? Al almost wanted to blurt out something very rude to put his Professor in his place, but he was too timid to do it.

It wasn't even their fault that they were in there anyway. It was Sylvian, that boy in their dorm. In the background they could still hear frog-like croaks accompanied by sobs that were hard to keep a straight face to.

"You never work. I have had multiple complaints from your teachers saying you do not pay attention in class. Before you've been caught playing these pranks, and now you have hexed a fellow student! Have you anything to say for yourselves?" Stanford snapped, little flecks of spit cascading over his too-tidy desk.

Al frowned, anger building up inside him like an engulfing red smoke. This man literally had no idea, he had no right to tell them off. It was so unfair. "It was Sylvian's own fault," he said quickly, blushing pink as Scor stared at him with wide eyes. "He told Scorpius that-"

Al's ribs were met with a hard poke from the skinny, pale boy next to him. He stopped abruptly, but Stanford continued to fix his icy stare onto him.

"He told him what? Hmm?" Stanford folded his arms in defiance. "Because in my view, nothing, absolutely nothing he could have said gave you the right to attempt to Transfigure him into a frog."

Scorpius sniggered, his eyes squeezed shut, facing the floor. Al pressed his lips together, trying desperately not to laugh along.

"This is not funny!" Stanford shouted, his hand meeting the desk, hard, making all the documents almost jump. A piece of his dark hair fell into his eye, which he brushed away briskly. The smiles were immediately wiped clean off their faces. Stanford took a second to collect himself as their heartbeats sped up. He wouldn't really call their parents in, right?

"I am going to be writing to your families later. You will both be in detention every evening for the rest of the week, and you must report to Professor McGonagall tomorrow with me. I'll give you a time in advance, but for now I will go and prepare her for an inevitably nasty conversation she will be having with you. Let me remind you, one more prank and your parents will be in, and if you prove to much trouble, you'll be leaving with them," he snarled, dismissing Al and Scorpius. They trailed out pathetically, dragging their robes over the floor and staying silent until they'd rounded the next corner.

Al took one look at Scor, and they both cracked up.

"Did you hear him croaking outside?"

"Madam Pomfrey was going nuts,"

"I'm so glad it only half worked,"

Scor grinned wildly. "I can't believe you thought we would get away with it. You're such a flippin' idiot, Al."

His white blonde hair fell into his eyes in a limp slump, and he pushed it out again. Al noticed for the first time that his eyebrows were almost transparent; unlike his father's that had looked very prominent when Al met him. He stared for a moment at the thin, white hairs before answering Scorpius with something that made the grin wash off his friend's face.