Meet The Parents

A/N: sorry it's taken me so long (again) I know i suck. Hopefully it's gonna be finished soon though! (This is a long chapter as a sorry from me haha)

Enjoy!!

At that point, it seemed to Al like nothing could save him. Scor looked utterly miserable, and Al just wanted to scream at Stanford because he so obviously did not realise. Scor's parents would waltz on in, tell Scor off for even being friends with him and then they'd take him away and make his life hell and Al would be stuck with all the annoying Slytherins and Rose. Maybe he'd have to befriend the Hufflepuffs. God, it was enough to drive a guy mad.

Stanford was still bristling down at them, making the air around them shake. "I suggest you wait outside, boys. Your parents will be in McGonagall's office within the hour, and she will call me to bring you two in."

The two of them nodded and sheepishly wandered outside. Al shut the door behind them, leant against the wall, and sunk down to the floor. Scor started pacing in front of him, his thin lips screwed up in anger and frustration, a deep-set frown carving its way into his young face.

"Do you think we'll get expelled?" Al mumbled, miserably.

Scor stopped in his tracks and pointed his frown at Albus. Flipping hell, it wasn't his fault!

"Who cares? What if Mum doesn't want me to live with her after this? What if I have to stay with Dad?" Scor almost yelled, but held himself back. Al fell quickly silent, watching his friend dramatically increase his pacing speed. He listened out over the taps of Scor's shoes for any sounds coming out of the office, but there was nothing.

"She will. This is basically nothing," Al piped up after a few moments of silence. At the look on Scor's face he quickly continued. "I mean- it's nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't know about your parents, but I know mine spent about half their Hogwarts life breaking the rules, and so did my Aunt and Uncle. This is the same situation. Ours never got expelled, right?"

Scor frowned again, puzzling over what Al had just said, but then he let out a small, noncommittal chuckle and Al breathed a huge sigh of relief. "That's true. But I don't know if Granddad ever had to come in to Hogwarts because of Dad," he smiled. "For Dad's sake I hope he didn't."

"Why's that?" Al asked, hoping to change topic, although Scor's family probably wasn't the best area to swap to. Maybe he could work in Matilda.

Scor looked at him with intense concentration in his eyes. "My Granddad's terrifying. Honestly, you think my Dad's scary? Even he gets frightened when we have to visit our grandparents' house."

Al shrugged. "Your Dad's not scary. He just thinks he is."

"You don't live with him," Scor retorted irritably.

"Neither do you, not anymore," Al said, grinning. Finally, this would cheer his friend up, because finally Al knew what Scor had prevented himself from admitting. In fact, now he thought the whole thing over, it had all turned out brilliant for him. Scor was happy, and therefore wouldn't be so solemn all the time. And what was more, Scor was happy to be with his Muggleborn mother, which meant he couldn't really care as much as he said he did, so Al would be able to get him to stop calling them all Mudbloods once and for all.

He was right; Scor liked that comment. A smile had just started to twitch at the pale corners of his mouth, when Stanford's door was roughly pushed open. Honestly, it was like the guy was hell-bent on bringing the mood down that morning.

"Your parents are waiting in McGonagall's office. Come with me," he snarled, and swept off down the corridor, Al and Scor following meekly.

The journey to McGonagall's office took way shorter than it should have. Al knew roughly where it was and how long the walk should take in a normal scenario (about 5 minutes), but this was literally about 20 seconds. It was an outrage.