What?

"Really... you have my condolences."

Another one... another black heart.

"He was a wonderful man."

Yeah... he was. If only you knew what wonderful really meant.

"These flowers are for him."

Flattery doesn't work on him. Especially if he's a dead man.

My name is Nick Kariyasan. I'm a typical teenager in a not so typical situation. I've never met my parents, so my uncle raised me. He was the best. Even after all of my other 'family' left me, he stayed. Why? I didn't ask, I just wanted to live. He gave me shelter, food, love... a second life. And what does that life gift me with? A lie.

The funeral was short, but the will was long. That's what everyone really wants. Who cares if the boy dies? It's not like anything would be useful to him.

"The golf course goes to the sister of the deceased," the priest said as if he were preaching the Bible. I just wanted to go home. Lay in the bed he bought for me. Hold the stupid pictures we took when we went to the park. Play the bloody games he always beat me at. I just wanted... a family.

"WHAT?!"

I look up slowly, expecting to see the priest arguing that unless the will says so, you can't have it. But instead I look up to see eyes on me. I look back with an emotionless face.

"Nick, can you hear me?" asks the priest. I hesitate for a second, feeling the suspense in the air grow.

"Well, I'm going to say again if you didn't hear the first time," he clears his throat, "Nick Kariyasan, by the wishes of your departed uncle, I gift upon you his final and most treasured gift. His residence." I stare at the priest and open my mouth to say something, but before I could, I black out.

When I awoke, I was in an unfamiliar bed.

"Hello there!" I look round to see a boy about my age in a black suit with a tray in his hands.

"It's been a while since you fainted, you feeling alright?" He asks. I try to speak, but my head start throbbing.

"Haha, yeah. That'll happen. Here, drink." The boy places the tray down and pours a cup of tea, handing me the cup. I don't want to drink, but the throbbing is telling me otherwise. I took a sip and it felt like my entire body was rejuvenated. I place the tea cup on the tray and look at the boy.

"Excuse me but who are you and... where am I?"

The boy looks at me and smiles. "My name is Keme Tyrion, and where you are? Well...

...welcome home."