Chapter 8 (Brad)

I practically gave myself whiplash when her blond hair caught my eye on the way to school this morning. I knew it was Candice before she even looked at me. She seemed preoccupied and I hated the look on her face when she asked if I was giving her a ride out of pity. I couldn't help noticing there was something behind those blue eyes that was troubling her. Just thinking about it pulls at my gut. I had to set things right and let her know that was the last thing I thought. Hopefully I didn't push it too far. It's hard to hold back with a girl like her. I wanted to kiss her so badly but I could tell she's not ready for that. The intensity of the feelings I have for her are beyond crazy. It's like I'm under some kind of spell.

I thought I needed a break from girls all together after Sarah and I split up. I couldn't stand her neediness and bullshit drama. I knew right away she was trouble and I let her play mind games for way too long. I'm not proud that the only thing we had going for us was chemistry; that only goes so far.

My first impression of Candice wasn't great. I figured when she didn't want my help getting up she was just stuck up, like all the other girls in this school. I had sworn off dating anyway, so why would I care? But after spending just a few minutes with her it was obvious that she was the complete opposite of every girl I've dated. Sure, she's new, but it's more than that. It's her vulnerability and the way she kept pushing me away that I wasn't expecting. All I know is meeting her has changed my mind on more than just dating again. I'm pretty sure she's got some solid walls built up but I want to know everything about her life. Where she's from, what she likes to do, and most of all, if she'll consider a guy like me.

***Atticus is now available on Amazon*** Here's the link if you're ready to read the rest. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Atticus-Erin-Roth-ebook/dp/B01F1HMSCO?ie=UTF8&cor=US&priceNotAvailable=1&redirect=true&ref_=clair_cor__2