||༺ three: wild heart ༻||

༺  ༻

"Tonight we'll dance
I'll be yours and you'll be mine
We won't look back,
Take my hand and we will shine
Oh, oh, oh
She needs a wild heart
I got a wild heart ."

- Wild Heart by The Vamps

  ༺ ༻ 

I FROZE, J froze, Lexi froze, Kate froze. It was all like we were paralyzed, like we had breathed in our last breath and we were all dead.

The voice came from behind me, I dared not to turn around to look at his face. I ground my teeth as J cleared his throat before coughing, "Stranger danger." He muttered as everyone turned to face him, even more bewildered at him.

Did he hear J?

Kate kicked him under the table as I heard him whimper, I shivered when I heard shifting behind me. Lexi was the first one to take a breath, "Um, sure. But we don't exactly know you...?" Her voice was barley even there, her eyes were like saucers and she couldn't even finish her sentence.

"Oh sorry," he was still out of my view. I was glad, my face was definitely all the shades of red there could be. "I'm going to Colorado University of Art and Design too, just transferred from another school. The name is Jason Collins, and your name is...?"

When we all heard the word 'transfer' we all looked at each other for a split second, Bianca was a transfer. And look what we got ourselves caught into, another one of those.

"Oh," Lexi cleared her throat which got everyone's attention. "That's cool, my name is Alexa Alexandra." Her jaw clenched when they shook hands, I heard Jason turn as I closed my eyes shut.

"Katherine Turner, you can call me Kate for short," her voice was barely audible as I felt J stand up next to me to offer Jason his hand.

"Jack Willis at your service," Jack said with probably a huge grin on his face, my eyes shot open... Did I have to tell him my name?

Kate and Lexi stared at me as I felt Jack nudge me under the table, I slowly turned and managed to meet Jason's pale blue orbs. He was NOT going to know my name, "Hi." I stuck out my hand, he furrowed his brow and shook it slowly. "Nice to meet you."

He nodded in response, he was baffled and I liked it. I liked more being the mysterious type of person, I didn't like following in the lines of good manners. If he was going to be like Bianca, my identity was hidden. I don't want two rich kids always picking on me.

"Your name is...?"

I smiled, "Sorry, I don't know you still. I will have to get to know you before I can tell you."

Jason's eyes widened but he masked his expression all in a few seconds, his hair stuck up in weird directions today. He looked like he hadn't been able to sleep for a while, maybe the flight? "Well, uh... I just realized I have somewhere to go. I'll see you all around, maybe...?"

"Yeah, you can meet us here next Friday night," J smirked with his signature grin, his eyes glancing at me then back at Jason.

Jason's face filled with joy, he seemed to be very thankful and in his words, he meant it. "Alright, thanks guys."

When the diner doorbell went ding we all gasped for air we didn't know we were holding in. All eyes turned to me as I happily munched on my salad, I slowly looked up and around the confused faces. "What?"