sugawara koushi [phone calls]

[A/N: PLEASEEE LISTEN TO THE SONG ABOVE FOR MORE FEEELSSSS]

It was already late that night when Sugawara was already sleeping when a long vibrate and loud ringing woke him. It was his phone. He put his shirt on and fished for it under his pillow. When he saw that the caller ID was yours, he immediately answered.

"Hello?"

"Koushi?"

He felt his heart clench. It's been a long time since he last heard your voice, and it's even more beautiful than he remembered it. The way you would utter his name in such a sweet voice, the way every letter traced those soft lips of yours.. Oh, how he missed it.

"Oh, [y/n].. Hello.." he said with a yawn.

"Ah, sorry! Were you sleeping?" you asked. "Oh no, you shouldn't have answered!"

"N-no, I was just about to sleep," he lied. "I can't sleep, actually," he lied again.

"Is that so?" your voice reached the other end of the line.

You tried to think of something to say. "Let me sing for you then!"

You started singing [f/s], which was also his favorite. There were times that you sang the wrong lyrics, or you missed a note and sang off-key, but he didn't mind. Hearing your voice and just feeling your presence even with just a single phone call, was enough to make his day.

"Hey, Koushi," you say as you finished another round of singing.

Sugawara hummed as a reply.

"Good night. I love you," you say, your voice was tender but melancholic.

He took his time to reply and finally said, "good morning, [y/n]. I love you most."

With that, you ended the call.

Suga sighed. He looked at the stars from his window and marvelled the beautiful sight. If only we could see the same sky together.. Just that, and I won't ask for anything else, he thought. But he never said that to you.

He never told you that he was sad, even though he cried countless of times when you left the country to pursue your dream.

He never said that he missed you; or that he longed for your smiles and laughs and affection -- just everything about you, because he thought it was selfish.

He never told you to come back, even if that's the only thing he could ever wish for.

Because if he did, wouldn't it be sadder?

.    .    .

I finally understood what true love meant. It meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices might be. - Nicholas Sparks

Help me.. I'm hurting myself emotionally ;-;