3. Il mio sergreto.

The inner courtyard was filled with students enjoying the couple minutes of freedom they got before they had to stumble back to class.

Led by your instructions, Harry Potter stumbled into the yard still a bit confused. Why wouldn't you just talk to him normally? Were you ashamed?

The though left a bitter taste in his mouth, his already ruined mood rotting at the idea of you being uncomfortable in his presents...

...But if you really were, would you ask him to meet you?

He stopped next to the big griffin that rested by the wall, yet there was no one with beautiful (colour) hair and a rival house uniform in sight.

He frowned. Did you trick him?

A hand tapped on his shoulder and he spun around, frightened. He felt his heart jump at the sight of you.

You hooked a loose strand of (colour) hair behind your ear, biting down the timid smile that kept stretching on your face. You book back was not on your shoulder or hands, your uniform a bit crumbled and a spec of dirt ruining your perfectly white shirt.

"Sorry, this is really unexpected." You said, scanning the yard for any unwanted guests. Finally, you looked back at him "Good. There will be no distractions." The phrase was more meant to yourself than him "Follow me, Harry."

With one last glance sent his and the yards way, you hurriedly scooted to the griffin, pushing past the statue and landing behind it. You turned a corner, and vanished.

For a minute Harry stood there, the remaining summer heat getting to his head. Shaking it, he mumbled something under his breath and followed in your footsteps.

There was a small creek between the walls and he guessed you went through it since there was really nowhere else to go. Inhaling, he squeezed past and nearly tripped.

The area the two of you landed it was small and secure; he figured it was one of many Hogwarts secrets.

Tall brick walls adored every corner, boxing the two of you; once he looked up he saw the clear blue sky hiding behind dirty and mossy glass. Some dry wines were hanging down, grass and weeds growing through the cracks of the pavement.

You sat on a crumbling stone bench, you face illuminated by the wand you held in your hand.

"Where are we?" Harry asked, throwing his bag somewhere next to yours.

"I don't think it has a name" You said, your voice sounding much closer than you were "I found it once on accident..."

He scratched his head.

"Must've been one interesting accident."

You released a little laugh, and he saw the illuminated smile you gave off.

"Maybe I'll tell you another time."

"So, there will be a next time?" Harry asked, taking a seat next to you.

"If you pay attention." You murmured.

He stared into your bright (colour) eyes, finding them even more extraordinary than before. Here, where the two of you where, only the two of you seemed to exist. The castle behind these heavy walls, or the students, were all just a distant memory and a pleasant buzzing sound that came from the narrow crack you two entered from.

"Harry." You started, the smile falling from your face. He hummed, his attention focused strictly on you "What you said in the classroom...Was that true?"

"Why?" He felt defensive "You don't believe me?"

"No" You shook your head "I just...The things you said they...They really effect me." Your tone turned sour "My family. The families of my friends." You gulped "I just...I wanted to make sure you were telling the truth."

"I was." He said firmly. And he regretted his decision.

Your face turned pale and you slowly turned your head away from him, your frightened (colour) orbs staring into the dirty floor.

"So he killed Cedric?" You questioned, hollowly. Harry only nodded, but he wasn't sure whether you saw or not.

You inhaled sharply, releasing ragged breath as your eyes suddenly became itchy as did your throat. Salty tears started to pile up, biting your lip you closed your eyes in hopes of getting rid of them, but one still managed to roll down your cheek.

"Sorry." You quickly mumbled, wiping the tear with your sleeve "He was... he was a good friend." You nodded, turning back to the lost looking boy beside you "I didn't know who to blame, but now-now I do."

"Yeah," Harry mumbled lamely, unsure of what to do next.

Silence followed.

"Wait" As if just picking up on what you said; Harry spoke up "You said your family is involved." You nodded "How?"
"The Chavarone are Mangia Morte." You said slowly, your eyes trailing from his lips to his green irises "Death Eaters." You translated.

Harry felt his breath hitch in his throat, his heart tumbling to the very pits of his stomach as he frowned.

"I'm not one of them, but most of my family is." You continued, looking away from him "That's the reason behind many of my family founds. They want me to join their side, this summer they've been highly enthusiastic about this matter" You turned back to him "And now I know why." Harry's lips where shut tightly, and for a second you thought your mind played tricks on you – was he glaring? "I hope... You don't think lesser of me, Harry." You fretted "I mean..." A soft frown adored your features "It shouldn't come as a surprise... I'm from a royal family, a strictly pureblood family at that-I actually thought you already knew..."

"No" He cut you off "I don't." He told "I don't think any lesser of you." He fixed himself quickly, seeing as you were having trouble keeping up "Just your family." He said offhandedly, and you cracked a smile.

"Join the club."

He laughed at your comment, messing his hair up as he did.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." You answered.

"Why are you in Slytherin?" He asked "You really don't seem like-"

"-Like your typical Slytherin?"You finished for him. He nodded. You shrugged "Harry, you got to understand something." You stared "Slytherin isn't all about being a pureblood lunatic, cheater and liar" Your gazed back at the floor "It's the stereotype we get from having so many bad names engraved into our crest" The hand that wasn't holding onto the wand went to your chest where the your house symbol laid "We are not dreamers, Harry. We work extremely hard for what we want, and we never give up. Where others fail, we strive forward. We never settle down for anything less than perfect" You turned your attention back to him "We all want power. Some for peace... some for their own gain. That doesn't change in different houses." You gave him a small smile "The only reason why Slytherin has so many Mangia Morte is because they wanted power. And He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named had plenty of it to offer."

"So which one are you?" He asked.

"I don't know..." You murmured, turning away "I don't know yet. And you?"

"Me?" He raised a brow "I'm not in Slytherin."

"Like I said, power isn't an asset to a specific house" You told "So which one, Harry?"

His jaw tensed, and he also looked away from you. The gears in his head turned fast, fear suddenly struck his heart – you wanted a real raw honest answer. And he felt that that answer would determinate the way you'd view him from now on.

Clasping his hands together, he glanced at you.

"I want to protect my friends." He said, firmly "I'm not sure whether you'd consider that selfish or not."
You hummed

"Somehow, I knew you'd say that."

"Why?"

"Because you're you, Harry." You smiled at him "That's the only reason."

~*~

"I have to say this or I'll explode." Millicent said, sitting on her bed.

After your chat with Harry Potter, you stumbled to class, very late but your teacher managed to get you off with only a warning.

Moving on, supper was uneventful and you hardly saw Draco since he was quote on quote 'busy'. What was he doing you had no idea.

Finally, you were brushing your hair in the girl bed chamber, getting ready to sleep after a stressful study session.
"Go on~" Mona encouraged her, sitting on the side of her bed and braiding her hair "Spill."

"Blaise Zabini is bloody gorgeous..." She groaned, hiding her face in her pillow. You and Mona both snapped at her with surprised grins, both releasing a laugh.

"No way" You told, eyeing Millicent carefully.

"I can't believe my ears, she finally admitted it" Mona cheered, "And after three years of stalking him...!" You giggled.

"Oh, sod off!" Millicent grumbled "I just wanted to get that off my chest; now neither of you speak a word of this to anyone."

"(Name) and I would never" Mona assured, glancing at Pansy's bed "Good thing Pansy isn't here." She said "Her mouth is way harder to shut up than mine."

"Speaking of which" You started "Where is she?"

The girls fell quiet.

"Oh." You breathed out. You hurriedly put your hairbrush on your nightstand, laying on your bed and pulling the curtains on.

"Oh, bloody hell, (Name)" Mona grumbled "You know she's been in love with Draco for...Forever, basically." Her tone softened "She probably was just helping him with something, I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about." She reassured, though you weren't convinced.

Busy. He's busy. Of course he is who would have time for their girlfriend? You thought bitterly, jealousy burning you like acid.

"Speaking of disappearing" Millicent bugged in "Why were you late for Charms? You just bolted out of Umbridge's classroom..."

"Yeah, I thought something happened." Mona agreed. You couldn't see, but you guessed both of them were looking at you.

"I was with Harry Potter." You declared, getting under your quilt, still irked "Now if you please, I'm very tired."
For a while it was deadly quiet.

"God, (Name)" You heard Millicent mumbled "You're going to get into big trouble..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
il mio segreto - my secret, italian

Salve! I'm so glad you all enjoy this story - I'm putting a lot of effort to make it as high quality as I can at my current skill level. Currently working on more parts ! ^^ What would you like to see in the future chapters? Let me know! Feedback is always appreciated, and if you want to share it - go right ahead.
Have a great (timeofday)!
Ja¬