7. Ti amo tanto.

The corridors were a blur of pale walls and occasional torches, pitch black windows buzzing right past your form. You ran down the hallways, your feet echoing on the marble floor as your eyes were fixed straight. For a moment you almost stopped to think, but instead you quickened your pace.

Up the stairs you went, only stopping when you stood next to the Room of Requirement. You rested your hands on your knees, taking in sharp puffs of breath to feed your oxygen lacking lungs. Lifting your (colour) irises up you saw a metal door form right in from of you, a small tug of your lips portraying a smile.

The energy you had burned out in your sprint, and in a timid manner you slowly pushed the door open, it creaking at your entrance. A shout of a spell – in a moment, a mannequin hitting the floor and then silence. A lone figure spun on it's heel and raising a confused brow it lowered it's wand.

"(Name)?" Harry asked, unsure. You gulped, feeling heartache clench the erratically beating organ, and as if pushed you rushed to Harry, your arms engulfing him into a tight hug. Harry Potter stood rooted in place, as if afraid to move, the warmth of your body seeping through his clothes and dying his cheeks a dusty red. He hugged back, gently, as if afraid a wrong touch would scare you away, "Hey, what happened now?" He questioned, quietly. You kept your lips shut, angry (colour) irises staring into the mirrors behind him.

"I'm sorry," You suddenly said, suddenly prying away, "I-I just didn't know...where else to go and I--"

"It's okay,-it's okay, just-I-what happened?" He was struggling with words, but you didn't blame him,. You peered into his green eyes – so loving and inviting – wondering was this look given to everyone or where you the only exception? The idea didn't make you feel better, though. It made you feel worse.

You gazed at Harry Potter, your fingertips going numb. You felt cold. Perhaps, you thought you liked him, liked him even more than Draco but now...Now you were sure you didn't. There was no ice blond hair to run your fingers through, no steel grey eyes to melt in and no rough hands to make you feel warm. No touch to make you fall head over heels for.

"-Ha-Harry?" You called, softly. He hummed, "I-I'm sorry, really, it's nothing personal, it's just that--" Your tongue twisted in your mouth and you had to shut it. You couldn't look him in the eyes "I-..."

"Well?"

"I dont think we should be friends anymore."

You heard him intake a sharp breath, and looking at him you found his face morphing from sadness to confusion.

"What-Why?" He questioned, "Did someone set you up for this? Was it Dr-"

"No, no." You shook your head, "It wasn't anyone, just me..." You added, "I'm glad I was able to be...be your friend for so long, and really do cherish you, but..."

"But I'm not him?" He cut you off coldly. You gulped.

"Yes, Harry." You mumbled, "You're not him."

He threw his hands up in frustration, running one through his hair as he sighed heavily, his green irises roaming around the room, unable to stay in one place.

"Well then," He snapped, "Go on. Go chase someone who doesnt hive a damn about you." Those words cut more than they should have. Lowering your head, you turned on your heel, "And I guess you won't be coming back here either, yeah?" You only nodded, feeling tears sting the insides of your eyes, your vision blurring from time to time. You staggered to the door.

Images of the time you showed him your favourite place in Hogwarts played in your mind. The cool raindrops on your skin. The cloudy sky behind the glass roof. The closeness of him. His honesty. The invisibility cloak. The shrieking shack. He Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.