Chapter One: Dreams and Realities

Cast List: 

Luna Adelia Martin/Rivera (Main) - Thalia Bree
Darius Orion Black (Main Mate) - Michele Morrone
Trent Noah Martin/Rivera (Brother) - Dylan O'Brien
Lydia Martin (Trent's Mate, Luna's Best Friend) - Holland Roden
Marvolo Black (Darius's Father) - Alexander Skarsgård
Freya Black (Darius's Mother) - Eva Green
Eric Steve Martin (Luna's Father) - Mark Ruffalo
Dahlia Martin (Luna's Mother) - Rachel Weisz
Isaac Martin (Lydia's Father) - Michael Fassbender
Marissa Martin (Lydia's Mother) - Cate Blanchett

[Luna's POV]

(Picture on top, what Luna was wearing at the alley)

I hurried through a dark alley, my heart racing as I felt someone following me. My pace quickened, but suddenly I was pushed softly against the wall. A tall figure loomed over me, and as I looked up, I was met with the sight of the most handsome man I'd ever seen. He leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to my jaw, and I closed my eyes, savoring the touch. His hands slid to my waist, gently pushing me against the wall. He looked deep into my eyes before his lips found mine, and I kissed him back without hesitation. My hands wrapped around his neck, fingers tangling in his hair, and he pressed me harder against the wall before pulling away. He whispered huskily into my ear, "Jump."

I obeyed, wrapping my legs around his waist as he kissed me with renewed hunger. His hands roamed lower, squeezing me as I pulled away to study him. His eyes were closed, his breath ragged. I touched his cheek softly, trailing my fingers down. My thumb brushed over his bottom lip, drawing a deep groan from him. I pleaded softly, "Open your eyes." When he did, I was shocked. His eyes were a bright, glowing red, and it made him look even more beautiful. "You're mine, my mate," he declared, and then he sank his teeth into my neck.

I woke up in a cold sweat, my breathing heavy. It wasn't a nightmare. In fact, it was the same erotic dream I'd had again and again. Always the same man, always the same alley. And each time, his eyes would turn red before he'd mark me. It felt so real that I could still feel his touch when I woke.

I glanced at the clock: 6:00 a.m. I had school at 8. Too late to go back to bed, I dragged myself up, heading to the bathroom. Unfortunately, I had to share it with my brother Trent. He'd be off to college soon, so at least I'd finally have the bathroom to myself. Small victories, I guess.

After a quick shower, I couldn't shake the dream. The same guy, over and over. Muscular, tall, tan—he was perfect. Too perfect to be real. Why couldn't I dream of someone normal? It's like the universe is setting my expectations too high. No wonder I'm single.

I got dressed, checked the time—7:00 a.m.—and headed downstairs. The smell of breakfast filled the air. My dad was at the table with coffee, Trent was watching baseball, and Mom was cooking. "Good morning, everyone," I said, kissing Dad on the cheek, hugging Mom, and playfully smacking Trent's head.

"Eat your breakfast, Luna," Mom said. "Your dad and I are leaving for Malaga today. We'll be gone for three weeks, so you're in charge. We all know if we left it to Trent, this house would turn into a club." Trent tried to protest, but I stuffed a pancake in his mouth to shut him up.

After breakfast, Mom and Dad left for their trip, and Trent announced he was staying at a friend's place overnight. "Don't stay home alone, squirt," he said, kissing my forehead before heading out.

I sighed, alone again. My parents were always traveling for work, and Trent was constantly with friends. I knew they loved me, but it sometimes felt distant.

I grabbed my keys and headed to my matte black Mini Cooper. Plugging in my phone, I cranked up my playlist, with "Do I Wanna Know" by Arctic Monkeys filling the car as I drove to school. I parked in my usual spot, grabbed my bag, and made my way inside.

As I reached my locker, I heard a familiar voice call out, "LUNA ADELIA MARTIN!" I cringed at the sound of my full name and turned to see my best friend, Lydia Martin. We've been inseparable since preschool—sharing the same last name was an instant bond.

"Why didn't you answer my text? Carlisle's been looking for you," she teased, referring to our hot math teacher, Mr. Evan. She was convinced they were soulmates.

Rolling my eyes, I knew what she was up to. "And why would he be looking for me?" I asked. She grinned, "Well, he didn't actually say that, but I'm sure he needs help carrying books."

I sighed but followed her to his office. As we walked in, we saw Mr. Evan with a boy sitting in front of him, his back to us. As Lydia talks to Mr. Evan or could I say flirt, I couldn't help but stare at the boy, curiosity eating away at me. He hadn't even turned to look at us.

We left the office, but the image of that boy stuck in my mind. Who was he?

Later, as we sat in homeroom, the door opened. Mr. Evan walked in—with the boy from earlier. A gasp escaped my lips.

It was him.

The guy from my dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy this new book! It's a little different from my first two, but I think you'll love it.

Vote • Comment • Share

—Daisy