Thorin's First Elf Friend

Lily's P.O.V. 

_______________ 

I was sooo excited. My brother Legolas was finally letting me go to Rivendell by myself! Sometimes he's a little over-protective of me, but I was finally starting to get used to it. 

What I mean by over-protective is that every time he saw one of the male elves in town staring at me with a look on his face that told us he was thinking very inappropriate thoughts, Legolas would walk over, have a word with him, and if he caught the same guy doing it again, he punched him in the face. I found it funny. 

Anyway, so I was on my way to Rivendell to see Lord Elrond for the annual elf meeting. I was going in my brother's place because it was the first time ever he was fine with me going by myself. He wouldn't let me before, because he heard tales of people getting attack by orcs along that road. We hadn't heard of that happening lately so he let me go. 

I had left Mirkwood a couple months early so I could stay in Rivendell for a while.

I was about halfway there when a pack of orcs came at me. They didn't notice me until my horse bucked. That's when the trip went wrong.  

 The orcs attacked me and my horse bolted. I had been shot through both legs and stabbed in the side. I also had a cut on my face where I narrowly escaped an arrow. The orcs left me to bleed to death slowly and painfully. I regreted telling Legolas not to come with me, because I missed him. Plus it doesn't help that he hadn't taught me to fight yet. 

About two hours later, someone finally saw me. 

______________________

Thorin's P.O.V.  

________________ 

Those nephews of mine better not be late for this meeting or I'll have their hides.  

I was on my way to a hobbit's hole, or at least I think thats what the wizard said. All of a sudden, a small pack of orcs, only about ten or twelve of them, attempted to ambush me. They were all dead in a few intense moments, and that's when I saw the figure, close to death, on the road about twenty feet away. 

Whoever it was had bean badly injured and had no supplies, no horse, no weapons, nothing. 

The person was unconscious. And an elf. A female one at that. I never have liked elves, but there was something about this one that made me think it would be a good idea to help. She was rather young to be out here by herself, especially with all these orcs around. 

I bandaged her wounds after thoroughly cleaning them, and put her on my horse, with her being unconscious and all.  

When I put up camp I was only a day's walk away from the Shire. I lifted the small girl, who was rather short for an elf, and laid her by the fire while I took care of my horse. 

_______________________

Lily's P.O.V.  

____________ 

I woke up to find myself bandaged up and laying by a fire. I was wondering who it was that found me when I saw someone I vaugley recognized, like some one Legolas showed me a picture of long ago. 

"Excuse me, but are you Thorin Oakenshield?" I asked quietly.

He looked slightly surprised when he replied, "Yes, but how did you know?"  

"My brother told me about you. He said that you are king of Erebor, The Lonely Mountain. He also said that you hate elves, so why did you help me?" 

He hesitated.

"I had a feeling that if I saved you, good would come to me on my quest."  

"What quest?" 

"I am on my way to a meeting in the Shire with 13 others who might be coming too. I am planning on taking Erebor, my home, back from the evil dragon Smaug." 

"Can I help?" 

"What? Why would you want to help me?" 

"You don't have a home. I just want to help get it back for you." 

I attempted to sit up, but I immediately got dizzy from blood loss, hunger, and thirst.

Thorin rushed to me and helped me sit up against a rock while he got me some food and water.

I thought about how Legolas would never let me go anywhere away from home by myself again. 

_____________________

Thorin's P.O.V.  

________________ 

I got the poor girl something to eat and drink so her recovery would be quicker.

Then I asked, "What's on your mind?" 

She thought for a moment and said, "This is the first time ever my brother let me leave home by myself. Now it's probably the last. " 

"Don't worry, it's not your fault the orcs just happened to be crossing your path. If need be I'll reason with him." 

"Okay." 

She was afraid of me and I could tell. 

"Why don't we both just get some sleep, and you can come with me to the Shire tomorrow. " 

"Ok." 

_________________________________________________________________ 

Author's Note 

I hope you guys comment and vote for me