Chapter Thirty One

" hey everything okay?" My sister asks seeing my face change.
" yeah I'm fine, just weird to be home I guess" Spencer smiled at me " I'll see you down stairs okay?" I nod.
I watch Spencer leave and I sighed not really happy to be home as I know I will be going back to school and back to hell.
I hear the front door open and close which means dad is home which is great just great I get up off my bed and prepare myself for heading down stairs. I walk out of my room and down the corridor and stop at the stairs and hesitate a few seconds before I decide to go down there. I walk down the steps to see mom, dad and Spencer in the kitchen whispering about me I know.
" Lauren sweetheart your home" dad says as he walks over to me and looks me over.
" whisper, whisper it almost feels just like Alison is still here , you didn't have to stop on my account" I say folding my arms across my chest.
" already home and you have an attitude" dad snaps and I just roll my eyes.
Dad wraps me in a tight embrace and I am shamed to say I missed this even thought me and dad didn't get along but, I needed a hug from my dad and it has taken this long for him to do that.
We pull apart " so I was thinking how about we celebrate that our lolly pops is finally home" dad looks at mom and then Spencer who shrugs " I guess it's a good idea" I sigh after all I knew this was going to happen.
" that's settled, we are out for something to eat tonight" dad announces.
" where are we going?" I say looking at my dad, mom and Spencer.
" how about the apple rose grill seeing as it is your favourite" dad smirks.
" okay" I say with all the enthusiasm I can muster.
" what the hell did they do to you in there? You are just as miserable as you went in there" Spencer snaps.
" Spencer!" Mom says glaring her to stop.
" no it's okay mom, I'd like to see how you could cope in there miss freaking perfect! Oh yeah I forgot you'd never be caught dead in there" I yell back.
" Girls please" Mom says massaging her temple.
" Go upstairs and change and I don't want to hear another thing out of you both otherwise we won't go out tonight" Dad says looking at me then at Spencer.
" fine" Spencer snaps." Whatever" I say following Spencer up the stairs.
I head back into my room angry after all I thought Spencer had my back and wouldn't mention anything about Radley knowing I am kind of sensitive about the subject but, No she has to mention it.
I open my wardrobe and start riffling through a few choices when I hear that dreadful beep of my phone , I sigh and hesitate wether to have a look or just ignore it.
I decide to take a chance, I walk over to my bed and pick up my phone to see a message from an unknown number.
Oh a dear not even back a day and already fallen out with your sister, mommy and daddy poor loser lolly. Maybe Radley wasn't as bad as you you thought after all , At least you know where you belong and you have chosen the right side.....The A team!! - Kisses A

I stand staring at my phone wondering why I am getting these Text messages from an unknown number who seems to know everything and when I am now the A team just like the message said but I guess it's for appearance sake I shrug.
"Girls are you ready?" I hear mom yell from the bottom steps.
" just coming" I hear Spencer yell back.
" I'm not even dressed yet!" I yell back.
" your not even dress?" Spencer says marching in my room.
" what the hell are you doing marching in my room?" I say glaring at her.
" Spencer? Has something Happened? because all you have done is made feel like you don't want me here" I say feeling the tears slip down my cheeks.
She doesn't say anything she just looks at the floor and shifts uncomfortably " I'm sorry..." She says finally breaking the silence that filled the room.
" I Sorry too...." I say weakly
" I am glad your back lolly pops , I really am" Spencer says walking over to be and hugs me tightly.
" I missed you, why didn't you ever visit? I asked mom every time and as always she came up with an excuse" Spencer sighed
" I wanted to see you but they wouldn't let me they said it was best if I left you alone and...."
" no go on what else did they say?" I gently encourage my sister to carry on.
" they said for the reputation of  the family that it was best kept quiet and I had to tell everyone of my friends that you had gone to study abroad and it was....so sad and so hard for me to do that and I'm sorry" Spencer says looking guilty.
" why are you sorry you were only doing what you were told and if they had told me that I could have found away to cope with it" I say nodding my head gently.
" I searched for you in every one of my friends but, it just wasn't the same. No one understood how much pressure it is to be a Hastings except you, me and Melissa"
" I searched for you too in every girl in Radley but, No! There is only one Spencer Hastings who is my true big sister and plus most of them were well you know" I say without trying to sound cruel or mean after all I have or shall I say had a mental health problem so I couldn't really judge.
" girls are you ready?" Mom calls out.
" just coming" Spencer yells back.
" hurry up girls I'm starving" dad says sounding rather impatient.
Eventually I changed in to a pair of skinny jeans and a nice flowery top and flat ballet pumps. It was rather strange putting on these clothes which haven't worn for a while and they felt like someone else's.
Eventually me and Spencer head down stairs to see our parents waiting for us " good your finally dressed, ready to go?" Dad says practically rushing out the door, mom shakes her head in bewilderment at dad and me and Spencer laugh.
We decide to walk to the restaurant seeing as it wasn't too far from our house and it was quite a pleasant evening.
Mom and dad walked side by side whilst me and Spencer trail behind. You wouldn't know mom and dad are together because they are Hastings they never show any displays of public emotion when all I wished for was for them to be like normal parents but no such luck.
We finally reach the apple rose grill and walk in together, we stand by the entrance waiting to be seated.
" Hello, how many in your party?" A friendly waitress says suddenly appearing from nowhere.
" 4 please" mom says politely " this way please" the waitress picks up 4 menus and leads us to a table right by the window.
" here we are" the girl says gesturing to the table and we take our seats.
" can I get you guys a drink?" The girl asks politely my dad speaks up " I'll have a beer and my wife will have a glass of your finest red wine and the girls will have water" I gawp at dad, seriously how does he know I want water? Ugh this is one thing I didn't miss.
A while later we order our food and and a bit later on we start to tuck into to our food in a uncomfortable silence.
" so..how do you feel about going back to school?" Dad says casually.
" ermm....I guess it would be okay" I shrug.
I play with my food which doesn't go unnoticed by my parents or Spencer.once we are finished with dinner me and Spencer decide to share our favourite sundae which consisted of vanilla ice cream, chocolate source, gummy bears, smarties,sprinkles with more chocolate source drizzled over the top with a thick layer of squirty cream on the top.
I take a deep breath and prepare myself before asking my parents why they told my sister lie.
" so...I was wondering since when was it okay for my sister to lie about my where a bouts when I am more than happy to tell them the truth"
" Lauren....we didn't have a choice, we wanted to protect you" mom says weakly.
" I didn't need protecting after all I'm a loser who has no friends so seriously who would I need protecting from?" I say feeling the anger rising within me.
" you are not a loser for goodness sake, your a Hastings" Dad snaps.
" yeah what good has that done me Dad? I try to forget that but, no such luck I'm reminded of it every day and I don't how much more I can take of being in this dysfunctional family. I don't think I have what it takes to be a Hastings anymore" I say letting the tears fall.
" well this is your family and there is nothing you can do about it" Dad barks at me rather loudly making people in the restaurant turn round and stare.
Aria Montgomery walks into the grill, my sister spots her straight away " I'll be right back" she says getting up leaving me alone with upset mom and fuming dad.
" Maybe You shouldn't have had me mom, no one seems know I exist at times....it's all Melissa this or Spencer that" I say quietly.
" that's it I've had enough, we are going. Spencer!! We are going Now!!" dad yells.
I know it's wrong to argue with my parents after only being out of Radley a day but, I just can't sit in the shadows again whilst my sisters shine. Don't get me wrong I am loved by my parents but money can't buy love but, my parents seem to think it's okay and to over compensate for them not always being there like other parents but that's the joy of having lawyers for parents they argue their point in every little thing.

( I hope that was an okay chapter and like I said before I will be using pieces from the show to fit them into this story, I am thinking I'll do that in the next chapter which will be very soon, I don't think this chapter was one of my best so, it may change eventually)