Chapter Thirty Four

Thursday Mom finally arrived home that morning not as she had planned, so that morning I woke up got dressed and headed down stairs loving the fact that I was home alone or so I thought. I headed down stairs to see mom in the living room come kitchen on the sofa on the phone to dad I am guessing as she asked how everything went whilst she was away on business.
" okay well I'm glad things ran smoothly, I'll see you tonight. I love you" mom said ending the call.
"Morning sweetie" mom smiled brightly.
" was that dad on the phone?" Mom frowned.
" good morning to you mom, how was your business trip?"mom asks sarcastically.
" sorry mom, How was work?" I ask sounding kind of forced.
" it was okay it, I am glad that I am home with my girls and your father" I smile " I missed you mom" I say walking over to mom and sat down beside her and she actually pulled me into a warm hug.
" so...what are your plans for today?" Mom asks getting up off the sofa to make herself a cup of coffee.
" I was going to go to the library to catch up on some work so I would be ready to go back to school" I lied I was meeting someone later on today.
" well I can't leave you home alone so you can come to work with me for a couple of hours and I will drop you off at the library" my brain was on over drive " can't I stay home?, I'm sure Spencer will be home soon where ever she is" mom shook her head.
" Spencer went for a run and then said something about studying with Emily" I sigh
" please mom, I won't go anywhere until you get home" I plead and moms answer does not change.
I spend the morning at moms office until 3 before we head home and I finally receive a text which just said a simple address which was just outside Rosewood and to wear a black hoodie.
Later that after noon I grabbed my school back pack and stuffed my black hoodie inside and headed down stairs where mom sat going over paper work.
" bye mom I'm just going to library" mom didn't bother to look at me " okay sweetie be home I time for dinner" mom called out and I left the house.
I walked into town sat down on a bench where I waited for the greyhound bus that was heading to Philadelphia. I glanced round making sure no one I recognised was around. I opened my back pack and pulled out my black hoodie and put it on and had the hood up and lucky enough it was a rather large hood and it covered my face.
I watched as people walked or rushed passed each other. I can't believe I was actually doing this agreeing to ruining my families lives after this visit today.
The bus to Philly pulled in the bus stop and I got up off my seat and waited to get on to the bus.i paid my fare and climbed upon the bus taking a seat half way down the bus. The bus pulled away a few minutes later I was on my way, I glanced out the window and watched as the town of rosewood flashed by and got small in the distance.
I settled down for the journey and watched us pass by small towns. Finally my stop was coming up so, I made my way to the front of the bus and waited until it stopped and I got off. I looked round seeing absolutely nothing but woods and trees and if I am honest I was a little concerned but I started walking hoping and praying I was going the right way. I continued to walk  south until I came across a small quaint diner you know the type you would see in the movies in horror movies in the middle of now where. I stopped to look a round a bit more there was a small car park and on the wall of the diner there was this bazaar advertisement for a tea bag called green dragon and there was a large green dragon on the wall, how rather odd
I walked confidently over to the towards the diner  door and opened the door.
Wow this place was bigger than it looked and it was very country come old fashioned with gingham table covers but it had a cosy feel.
I looked round unsure who I was actually meeting.
" hey sweetie, why don't y'all have a seat and  I'll be with you" a friendly waitress offered kindly.
I took this time to look properly, I actually noticed another black hoodie with their back to the door so I made my move towards them, before I could say anything " lolly?" I went to speak but nothing came out so I cleared my throat " yes" I sat down opposite them.
" did anyone follow you here?you know what you have to do?" I shook my head and then nodded nervously  " good here take this" a small package was shoved towards me.
" open it" I opened it to see it was a cell phone.
" this has everyone's contact numbers in them and I can track you where ever you are so,if you decide to double cross me I know where to go. I have total control over this phone from my computer so if anyone finds out who owns this number then I can provide you with another anonymous number got it" I nod.
" I will let you know what to text and to whom and I will send you out on errands to follow others, will you be happy to do that even though it might your family I need you to track" I nod once again.
" you can always text your own ideas if you know certain secrets, do you follow me "
" yes Mona"
" good, I will be in contact again soon" Mona got up and left leaving me alone.
I glanced at the clock on the diner wall " shit I am so dead" I got up shoved the new phone into my bag and headed out of the diner and over to the bus stop and waited praying a bus would be along soon and to my surprise a bus did indeed pull into the bus stop and I got on heading for home.
The ride home seemed to take forever but as soon as I got to the back door of my home  I could smell cooking and I knew I was busted. I took off my hoodie and shoved it back into my back pack.
I opened the door and sheepishly said hi to mom, dad and Spencer.
" where have you been?" Dad snapped.
" I was at the library dad and I just lost track of time" I said knowing I wasn't going to win this argument I mean I am lying with two lawyers for heaven sake I never stood a chance.
" I'm sorry mom I really did lose track of time" mom nodded.
Spencer sat quietly and we did catch each other's eye for a split second before we looked away.
" I was worried about you Lauren" mom finally said quietly.
" I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you but, to be honest you've never been worried about me this much before what's changed?" Dad was shocked.
" a girl is missing Lauren that is why" that soon shut me up.
" look I'm tired I'm going up stairs to bed" I say rushing past my parents and heading up stairs to my room.
I throw my bag down on my bed in anger forgetting the 'bat phone' I have decided to call it, was inside so, I grab the bag and unzipped it and pulled out the black hoodie and pushed it aside and continued to dig in my bag until I finally find the phone at the bottom of my bag.
There was a soft knock at the door " who is it? one second I'm just changing" I call out trying to sound neutral.
" it's me Spencer" my sister calls out.
" okay nearly done" I say shoving my stuff back into my bag, I glance round my rom unsure where to keep it. I settle on my wardrobe for now until I am able to find a better place.
" are you nearly done lolly?"Spencer calls out.
I quickly change for real before I say Spencer can come in, " okay you can come in Spence" I say settling on the bed.
" hey lolly pops"
" Hey Spence, is everything okay? " I say trying to sound my usual self.
" there something weird going on, your not your self" she says eyeing me.
" No! Don't be silly looks it's the same old me! I'm the same old lolly" I say smiling.
" okay Maybe your right I've just been busy I guess and not been able to spend to with my little sister like I used to" I feel a small pang in my heart hearing her say she kind of feels guilt for not spending time with me.
" it's okay Spence honestly, maybe we can do something together?" Spencer nods " I like that" I smile.
" okay well I better be heading to bed" Spencer says smiling " night Spence" I say say sweetly.
" night lolly pops" Spencer finally leave my room.
I rush over to wardrobe and dig out the bat phone, I take a deep breathe before I help rip my sisters to shreds.

Feeling guilty? I wouldn't bother, lolly isn't . Looks like loser lolly is lying once again but,This time how long will it take for you to discover the truth? - A

I swallow hard and look at the message once more before I scroll through the large list of contacts until I find Spencer Hastings and I added her number to the open message, my finger hovers over the send button for a split second before I push it and the message is sent there is absolutely no way of getting it back. That is one nail on the family coffin and on my way to ruining my families lives.

What have I done? What am I doing?