C H A P T E R 1 5_

I stare into the dark, wide eyed, and mutter to myself quietly, "What the-? But... the creature..." I pause, "Oh hell..."

I throw the sheets off of myself and then I place my feet on the cold floor. I walk over to the wall with the mirror ad I see the same image I saw the day before... and the day before that.

I stare at my reflection, lightly placing my hands on my face to rub it. There are no scratches or burns, nothing is out of place. Just like before. "Oh my gods. What the hell is going on?"

I walk to the door and open it. I look out into the hallway, and then I walk out. I shake my head while walking, wondering what happened. Clearly the creature didn't cause this, so what did? I am so overwhelmed in my thoughts that I run into someone. I already know who it is.

I look up to see Steve, in the same t-shirt and army pants he wore before, not a hint of dirt on his face as usual. When I look at him, he seems to perk up. "Oh, Esther, you're up," he stutters. "Are you okay? I was just going to check on you."

I shake my head. "No, Steve. I'm not really okay. I am actually far from it."

He frowns a little because I seem completely fine but give him attitude.

I close my eyes and place my forefinger and thumb on the bridge of my nose. "I just... I'm sorry. I can't think straight right now."

"That's fine. I understand. You took a hard hit..."

I laugh. "Oh, you honestly have no idea."

He frowns a tad with confusion as to what she means and doesn't know how to reply. He hesitates. "D-do you want to lie down? Or maybe get something in your stomach?"

I nod. "Food. I need something to eat."

He nods and walks with me to the entry of the common room. Everything is the same just like before. Would I still refer to it as yesterday?

I look around and see that everyone is talking. My eyes land on Stark and when he notices me, he goes to comment on my presence, but I beat him to it. "Yes, I'm alive. Shocking right?"

He stands up still but frowns. "...I suppose..." he stutters in confusion.

I give him a slight nod and then I walk away

I give him a slight nod and then I walk away. Clearly the stripper comment is not going to be made since Steve and I weren't arm in arm, so there is no point in holding a conversation. I spot Pietro and Darcy talking and Wanda is hanging near them. I should probably go introduce myself formally. Yeah, I'll go do that. I walk over towards them. "Hey Darcy," I say to her and then I look to the twins, "I'm Esther. And you are?"

"Oh hey Esther. This is the guy who almost killed me," Darcy says to me.

"Pietro Maximoff and this is Wanda," Quicksilver introduces with his arms folded over his chest. "I hope there are no hard feelings about me trying to kill you back there, Miss Mason."