day one // columbus, ohio

I KNOW I ALREADY PUBLISHED THIS BUT I ADDED A FEW PARTS IF YOU WANNA REREAD IT I LOVE YOU

-

"I love you dad," Sonny kissed her father, Brandon, on the cheek as her other father, John, grabbed her suitcase, pulling it outside. "I'll call you every day."

"Don't let Josh get you into trouble again." He warned her before pushing her out the door.

"If you need anything," John started as he piled her bag into the bed of her van. "Don't hesitate to call us."

"Dad," Sonny laughed. "I'll be fine."

"Be careful with Josh," he mentioned. "If you feel unsafe, just remember," he took her keys from her hand and separated each key, putting one in between each finger. "Keys can be very sharp."

"I got it dad," she took her keys. "I gotta go before Josh starts acting like a diva and complaining about how late I am. Two weeks with him is enough. Two weeks listening to his whining - I might be dead."

"If you need any money," he pulled his wallet out and handed her his credit card. "Use my card."

"I'm not gonna use this at all because you know I saved more than enough money," she replied. "but thank you."

"Do you have your extra phone?"

"My early 2000's nokia brick? Of course." She replied.

"Okay," he gave his daughter a kiss on the cheek. "Make your dads proud, okay?"

"As always," she told him and she climbed into the drivers seat. "I'll see you later."

***

As soon as they began driving, Josh was already annoying the shit out of Sonny. He was turning the dials on her radio and messing with the vents - all with the intention to irritate his ex.

"Stop touching everything." Sonny swatted his hand from the radio. "Do you make car payments?"

"This van was probably paid off in the 80's." He remarked.

Sonny laughed a bit and elbowed him. "It was made in the 2000's."

Josh began playing with the sun visor, opening it. However, as soon as he did so, a picture fell into his lap.

It was their junior prom picture.

Josh picked it up from his lap and examined it, a small smile growing on his lips. The ticket stub was paper clipped to the corner. Sonny's dark blue flowing dress made her look so much different from anybody there. It was simple, with gems covering the bust in intricate patterns, but she wasn't wearing a ton of make up with a hundred dollar up-do. It was just her and Josh. Happy. He didn't even have to look at the picture to know how stunning she looked. 

In that particular picture, Sonny was fumbling with Josh's collar as a smile was on her lips. Josh had his arms around her waist as he looked down at her and grinned. He remembered the exact reason he was so smiley and bubbly, besides the fact that it was prom night. He purposely made his bow tie crooked, knowing that Sonny would catch it. He always did stuff to annoy her, so it wasn't a big deal for either of them. Especially when he saw her reaction.

"Josh it's crooked," Sonny leaned up against him and slid her hands up to his collar. "You can't go to prom like that."

"Look at you," Josh gushed. "All obsessed with my looks."

"Well that's 'cause you're my boyfriend. Of course I'm obsessed with your looks," Sonny stated. "That's why I'm with you."

"I'm offended," Josh gave her a look. "You only like me for my face?"