Part 4: Home

IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR I WOULD JUST LIKE TO TAKE A MOMENT AND THANK YOU THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO IF ITS WRITTEN BAD I DO APOLOGIES BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY ADVICE THAT YOU MAY HAVE I ALWAYS APPRECIATE THE HELP AND FEEDBACK........ PLASE KEEP READING AND ENJOY :)

########################################

as officer Hopps and I walked to the front of the police station I noticed that it was almost completely empty. I looked around for a clock to try and find what the time was. As we approached the main entrance I notice a Reception desk full of junk food sitting directly in front of two sliding door. Luckily it had a clock sitting word the right hand side. 1:36  is what it displayed. I didn't realize it was so late but I knew it was dark when they had originally picked me up.

Officer Wilde was standing by the two sliding doors leading into the station twirling keys in between his fingers waiting patiently for us.

"I thought you were going to wait in the car?" Asked officer Hopps

"It looks like it's about to rain so I decided to wait."

Officer Hopps just shook her head and continued out the door. The car they were referring to wasn't even a car but a black van. It looked like it had seen better days, but I knew a police officers salary wasn't the greatest so I just rolled with it. We walked up to the van and officer Wilde jumped into the driver seat while officer Hopps rode shotgun. I rode in the back which was full of clutter from old fast food bags to dirty cloths. I couldn't tell if I was smelling the filth of my own body from lack of showers or all the trash but needles to say I wasn't enjoying it.

=========================================

We arrived at a large apartment complex and parked. The car ride was shot and quiet. There was a bit of an awkward silence, the only thing that helped was the start of a calm rain that had set in as we were driving and the monotonous sound of windshield wiper going up and down up and down. It was a bit relaxing and I was thankful I wasn't going to have to sleep in a box or under a bridge.

Officer Wilde pulled into a parking garage, put the van in park and quickly jumped out headed to a set of stairs. Officer Hopps got out and opened the side door for me with a smile.

"Just a warning our apartment isn't much to look at." She said as I stepped out

"I'm probably the last person that can criticize where someone lives, beside I'm not hard to please I promise."

She just chuckled and waved me to the stairs. As we walked up the stairs  and down a long hall full of doors I noticed that I could hear most of the residents speaking through the walls, as if they were standing next to me. I wondered how anyone could sleep with the noise all the nocturnal animals were making.

"Does all this noise get old officer Hopps?"

"You get used to it, plus there is no point in complaining it doesn't help."

Officer Wilde was standing by a door fumbling with his keys trying to find the right one to disengage the dead bolt. He finally found the correct one and opened the door with a thud as he kicked it to help it open.

"Well here we are home sweet home. If you need me I'm going to bed."

I looked around to find that officer Hopps wasn't kidding when she said it wasn't much, in fact it was extremely small. There were two bedrooms on opposite sides of the room with a dining area and small kitchen towards the back and a small couch sitting in the middle facing a television. Officer Wilde was making his way to the room on the right as he started to unbutton his uniform and slammed the door behind him. I looked at officer hops raising an eyebrow as if to ask is he okay?.

"Don't mind him he just gets cranky when he's tried, let's get you all settled up."

She ushered met towards the couch. I happily set down with a thud and laid my head back on the rest taking in a deep breath. It had been a long time since I had last set on something this comfortable. I could have lived in that moment forever if I could have.

"Here are some blankets and a pillow Mr. Jericho, there's carrot juice and I think nicks got some gross meat shakes too if you get thirsty or want a snack."

Officer Hopps set the blankets and pillow down next to me. I looked up at her with a smile and nodded in appreciation. She smiled innocently at me and turned to her room. I felt like I needed to thank her more then a nod.

"Hey officer Hopps."

She stopped at her door frame and looked at me, perking her ears up.

"I know you don't know me, and I don't know you, but I appreciate you going out on a limb and trusting me, it means allot."

She stood there with what looked like surprise on her face.

"I am very trusting. But if you try and hurt me or my partner.......I will make you regret it."

With that she shut the door behind her not letting me get a word in edge wise, leaving me in a strange quiet place with nothing but me and my thoughts. I set my head back onto the back of the couch and focused my attention on the rain. It's meticulous patter against the kitchen window was in allot of ways relaxing. I focused on it and started to think about how things have changed so drastically in my life in the span of a few hours, it was a bit unnerving. I started to think about how I looked and how my cloths were gross and tattered, definitely not what you would expect a advisor to the police force to look like.

"I think it's time for me to visit an old friend" I thought to myself

I slowly stood up from the couch trying to not make any noise knowing that the rabbit sitting in the other room had super hearing. I hoped that she would be fast asleep and not notice. I creeped my way to the good and slowly disengaged the knob lock and the deadbolt. I placed my hand near the threshold of the door to prevent myself from pulling it open to hard and making lots of noise. With the door open I slipped out into the hallway and made sure not to lock the door behind so I could sneak in once I've finished my business. I took a few light steps making sure I was absolutely clear and prayed to myself that they didn't hear me.