Chapter 54

Tris pov

"Mama" Connor screams waking me up.

A month as gone by and we're moved into the new house. Tobias and I still have a few boxes laying around but we'll get those unpacked soon. Today's Mother's Day, so I'm guessing that's why Connor is waking me up this morning. I'm normally the one to wake up first.

I sit up and rub my eyes.

"Happy Mother's Day" Connor says crawling over to me on the bed. Tobias sets a plate of breakfast on the night stand and sits next to us.

"Happy Mother's Day" Tobias says kissing my head.

"Thank you" I say to them smiling.

"Mommy, eat eat" Connor says trying to grab the food off the night stand.

I get it for him and place it next to me. I break a piece of bread off from the toast and hand him a piece.

He takes small bites out of it and smiles.

"What do you say" Tobias tells Connor. We're working on showing Connor manners.

"Thank you" Connor screams, which makes me laugh.

"Okay buddy let mommy eat. Let's go get her present ready" Tobias says picking Connor up from the bed.

"Bye bye" I wave to Connor.

Connor waves good bye and I smile, Blowing him a kiss.

"Just come out whenever your ready" Tobias says closing the door and letting me finish eating.

I finish eating, so I walk out of the bedroom to find Tobias and Connor.

Connor finds me and hugs my legs.

I pick him up and kiss his little cheeks.

"Prize for mommy" he says

"You have a present for me" I say acting surprised because I know Connor is really happy about today.

I put Connor down and he shows me.

It's a card with Connors hand prints on the front and I'm guessing theres writing inside.

He picks it up and hands it to me.

I bend down and get to his height. He shows me the hands, then he helps me open the card and reveals a whole bunch of writing.

There's scribbles all over, which makes me giggle.

The card reads, "Happy Mothers Day. Thank you mommy for everything and for taking care of me! I love you. Love Connor"

I look at Tobias and smile because I know this is his hand writing and he probably thought of most of this.

Connor let's go of the card and runs to where his toys are.

He grabs a book. It looks kind of like a scrapbook.

He runs back and hands it to me.

I look at the baby blue colored scrapbook and smile. Connor stands next to me and smiles too.

"Why was this with your toys" I say looking through the pages giggling. They're pictures of us. Connor when he was young to now. I can't believe he's almost two.