7: Manik

Why is she smiling? I am supposed to be her villain and girls are supposed to be scared of the bad guy. Thankfully, her smile vanished within seconds. She was now scared and anxious, exactly how I hoped she would react when she saw me in Mangalore. How did I find her at 'Peaches'? Easy, I asked Soha to dig up more info on her plans for the day. She came back within minutes with a sheet of paper that contained details of a booking for a table for 2 at 'Peaches' in Mangalore. Thats exactly why I keep Soha around! Very efficient girl.  Anyway, I decided to surprise Nandini and take her back with me to our house. I had to ensure that she understood that I had the upper hand now and will always have the upper hand in anything and everything.

To show her her rightful place, I got up from my seat and started walking to her table. From the  increasing lines between her eyebrows I sensed that she grew more afraid of my presence, making me very happy. She got up immediately and probably excused herself from the table. What she did next was unexpected. She came to me and dragged me into the women's washroom. It was the kind that had many cubicles (not that I know anything about women's washrooms). She pushed me into the first cubicle and locked the door after she entered.

Ok now I am seriously concerned. I hope she didn't misinterpret the parcel as an invitation for sex. No... No... She is not that kind of girl, plus she was the one with the "no marital relations" condition. She made her purpose of this washroom hideout clear before I could complete my thought process. "Listen to me, no one knows about our marriage here. So, lets keep it that way." I realized that she was protective about her friends and family, a good trait I guess. You can protect your family all you want Nandini, but who will protect you from me? "So how did you like my gift?" I asked her trying to push her pretty white top from her shoulder to see if she was wearing the bra I gave her. I knew she wouldn't be wearing it, she probably would have thrown it away. This was just a ploy to make her uncomfortable around me, so that I can make her come to Mumbai with me today. She pushed me and I hit the door with a loud thud and she fell forward and clutched onto my body. People could probably see our feet since the doors of this washroom had gaps between the door of each cubicle and the floor. My suspicion was confirmed when one lady exclaimed as she walked out of the washroom, "These people don't even have a sense of day and night! They start whenever and wherever! Chi." I think that was the moment she realized the awkward position we both were in. She whispered "What do you think you are doing! Stay away." First of all, she locks us up in a washroom cubicle, pushes me, grasps onto me and then she herself asks me what I am doing! Ok fine, I was troubling her a little, but I warned her. So, I said " I informed you not to make me wait any longer." She shot back "So, you send me those cheap gifts and..." How dare she accuse me of sending her something cheap, I actually took the time to ask Soha to buy something expensive for her and now she... "Wait...wait... Wait, the gift was not cheap, actually it was very expensive." I told her in a matter of fact way.

Finally, she got to the point. "Ok, can we not talk about the 'gift.' Tell me why are you here."  Like she didn't know already. " To take you to Mumbai."
Like I expected she said " how can I come? What will I tell Amms?" Really, she had so many days, she could have cooked up some story by now. Does she not understand the seriousness of our situation? I want to be done and dusted with the "one year" clause of the marriage and her as fast as possible. I have so many things in mind- like my actual wedding with my fiancée Alia! Doesn't this hellcat want the divorce as urgently as me?! Well her urgency or lack of it is not my concern, what I want is all that matters as it always has. "I don't care what you say or do. We are leaving today." I informed her. She thought for a while and replied " but how? we haven't booked our tickets." I smiled at her innocence and replied "Come to the airport in 3 hours, my private jet will be ready for us." She cutely mouthed the word "private jet" taking in the fact that I owned my own aircraft.