20: Nandini

He is the meanest monstrous human being I have ever met. It was him, he knew I was drunk for the first time, yet he took me everywhere in Las Vegas and married me. How dare he accuse me of single handedly mastering the "plan" to get married. And then, he has the audacity to talk about our kiss then and the kiss he forced on me in class in front of everyone. Even thinking of it made me sick and I wanted to wash my mouth...

Thankfully we finished eating and retired to our rooms. Despite his annoying talks, he was nicer at home compared to college and that bothered me a bit because tomorrow is Moday and he will be there. It was very difficult to read him, sometimes he behaves so sweetly like carry be to my room. (Ya , Ya, how much ever he tries to lie about it, I remember what happened that night. I was awake and I wish I was sleeping and didn't have to watch him kiss that girl, Alia!). And sometimes he troubles me by kissing me in front of everyone. I am not sure what he has planned for taking revenge on me!

Just as I went to my room, I saw a text on my phone:

Navya: Nandu, I am boarding the flight to come to Mumbai. My dad didnt let me shift colleges, big fight! Anyway, I am coming for a few months, will be staying with my family. Lets see what happens.

I felt happy that my friend was coming to Mumbai. I kept my phone aside and slept.

I woke up earlier than Manik as usual and made coffee. I decided to finish my coffee before he comes so that he doesn't drink from my cup like yesterday. He was taunting me with that kiss, now I won't let him! I thought I will drink my coffee and get to college before he wakes up, but then I will have to see him there, and I didn't want that. Then my brilliant mind thought of a super idea to keep him away from me for the day. That way, he will go away and I can spend time alone until Navya comes. I sipped the hot coffee and went to my bed. I found a thermometer from my medicine bag and kept it beside me. I also took my coffee mug. Soon enough he woke up and searched for me I guess when he saw his coffee mug. He took his and called out for me.

Nandini, where are you? I have so much planned for you today!  He said.

I am sick. *cough*, I said pretending to be sick.

I quickly put the thermometer in my mouth and it read 101 degrees= I have fever, at least temporarily! He came in and saw me on my bed holding the reading on the thermometer.

Sick, I see... that doesn't save you from me. I saw what you did with the coffee and thermometer. Your door was open! 

The worst things I wanted to hear! I couldn't even fool him, now I have no way of saving myself from him.

I can't come to college. I have to stay here, my friend is coming from America. I said, as my last try against him.

Her flight arrives at 5, which is after college time. So, you have no excuse for not attending, unless of course you want to get expelled. He said stressing the "expelled." How does he know everything from my bra size to my friend's flight arrival time.

Ok, fine. I am coming. I said giving up, as I couldn't lie anymore. I am bad at that, and I knew trying to lie to him would get me into more trouble than what I was expecting to get into by going to college today.

College... I had my monster husband as a guest lecturer... no friends... Thats when I remembered Aryaman! That sweet boy who made me forget Manik for sometime. I spotted Aryaman in the corridor and he came up to me.

Good morning. He said with a smile. He placed his hand on my had and tried to hold it. I shook him off and spoke to him. It never felt right letting guys get close to me, it could be the way I was brought up.

Good morning yourself, I said but my morning was fated to be anything but good. I knew it, and just as I thought that... the monster arrived in the corridor. He pulled me and dragged me to the secluded staircase. That seemed to have become "our spot" in college. Whenever he wanted to talk to me alone, he seemed to be dragging me there. Aryaman tried to stop Manik, but no one can, I just hope someday someone can control this monster.

Don't drag me. I said very boldly.

I will do as I wish. My college! He said arrogantly.

That doesn't give you the right to touch me, kiss me or drag me. I told him.

Fine. I will not touch you, kiss you or drag you, but for that you have to follow some rules in college as my "spot girl"!   he said.

Fine. What rules? I said, wanting to end this conversation.

Rule number 1: You will not talk to that boy who wished you... He started.

But, why? I asked him. Why did my talking to Aryaman bother him?

Rule number 2: No questions, you will have to obey everything I say and rule number 3: You will kneel down before me in lecture this week.

Not too difficult I thought.... But I was mistaken.

I didn't notice him come into class, so his voice startled me.

Where is my pet student?  He asked and everyone looked at me.
I stood up awkwardly having no choice when everyone else was looking at me.

I thought I made myself clear earlier. He said.

Yes, Sir. I said.

Then why weren't you kneeling down before I came...

Before I could say anything, he continued.

So, you will be punished.

_______________________

Again, if you guys want to see anything specific Monster Manik does, do let me know! Its always great to hear your ideas!