Chapter 4 : World Upsidedown

Ayden came home late. He felt so all alone in his new mansion. Kakabili lang niya last month, at para bang pareho lang ang feeling niya kahit saan man siya magpunta o anong bahay siya tutuloy. Nothing seemed change. He was still living in isolation.

Empty.

Whatever he did to move forward, he ended up looking back from his dark past. Some bittersweet memories were just there on his mind and heart, they never fade. He tried but it was like too much to bear for. After all these days, his dark past hunted him. He still ached for her loss.

He still missed her. And every single day living without her made his life emptier. A shallow future to go on…

Narinig niyang tumunog ang cellphone niya. He hated using techno gadgets yet he needed these things to survive.  Afterall, he was living in the modern world as a merely human and not a Demigod.

He picked up the phone and tried his voice to stay calm as he could. “Hello?”

So how’s the meet up huh? I told you she’s too much to handle. Everything I planned for her ended up in nowhere. She needs to fall inlove by the end of this month. It’s a critical month. It’s a special season wherein Gorgons should fall inlove or else, that girl will be loveless for eternity. At dahil siya ang kahuli-huling descendant ni Medusa at dala-dala pa ang kapangyarihan ni Poseidon sa katawan niya, she needs to fall. And it’s your duty to do it.”It was the talkative Cupid. Isang salita pa lang ang nasasabi niya, madami na ang isinatsat. Sobrang hyper ang Diyos na ‘to. Kabaliktaran sa kanyang ugali.

Before you forgot, I’m just a slave and it’s not my duty at all to make pair for anyone. Second, why didn’t you tell me that she’s not a human? A gorgon princess!  And third, why are you calling me when you can teleport yourself?” Okay. Madami din siyang tanong sa sarili kung bakit siya pa ang napili ng isang ‘to para sa trabahong ganito. Nakakinis para kay Ayden na isipin na pinaglihiman siya ni Cupid. Kung alam lang niyang hindi ordinary ang ipapagawa sa kanya, eh di sana, sa umpisa pa lang tinanggihan na niya ang trabaho.

She’s a human, Ayden. Half-human to be precise. Her father is a mortal. And yeah, sorry to tell you you’re stuck with the heiress yourself.” Narinig a niyang tumawa bigla si Cupid. Halatang hindi nag-iisa. May kasama sa kabilang linya ng phone.“I’m with my wife that’s why I can’t see you in person. Manonood kami ng sine.”

Ang isang Greek God ay nanonood ng sine ngayon kasama ang asawa niya. Geeez. Alam kaya ng mga taong ang mga immortal na nasa libro ay malayang nakikisalamuha sa lahat?“Pwede iba na lang ipatrabaho mo sa ‘kin?”

“At bakit?”, rinig ni Ayden ang mabigat at seryosong tono ng boses ni Cupid.

I don’t like her seeing with another man. I don’t like seeing myself pairing him with another man.“I don’t think I have the ability to do that. Besides, you have my powers remember?” Hindi alam ni Ayden kung bakit nagkakaganito siya sa isang babaeng kanina lang niya nakilala. His mind was confused.

Nonsense. You protected her even without powers. Besides I want you to be with her.” May punto nga naman ang isang ‘to. Kahit wala na siyang powers, nandun pa din ang skills niyang makipaglaban. Hindi ibig sabihin ay wala na ang kapangyarihan ay para na siyang inutil. Pero gusto niyang magkaroon ng palusot para iwasan ang trabahong ito. Ang mapainlove ang prinsesa. He maybe a slave but Cupid gave him a free will to do his own.