Chapter 20: The party

Chapter 20: The Party

The party

Candice's POV

The guest and I wait around the restaurant as Kat stands as lookout for the long slim limo to arrive. "Shhh!" They're here!" Kat screeches out as we all hide into the back room where the rest of the night will take place. All we have to do now is wait for the host to bring them back.

Paul's POV

My lovely wife to be stands by my side as I go up to the host so we can be seated. "Hello, we have a reservation, I believe under the name Kat Grahm?" I ask calmly as Nina wraps her arm around my muscular one. "Ah, yes follow me." The host says in the same calm voice. As she grabs the menus we follow the host to a private back room. The room looks to be completely black before the host turns the light on. "SURPRISE!" Fills my ears and I hear Nina shriek with delight. We see Candice and Kat walk up to us holding glasses of Champagne. "Congratulations you two!" Kat says hugging both of us. "Well, thank God!" Is all Candice says as she hugs us carefully, making an attempt not to spill her drink. "Okay, speeches are later, so enjoy the party! Everyone is here so go make your way around. I'm going to go find Joe." Candice says as her nude pumps click on the hardwood floor and her red dress sways behind her. Nina and I begin to make our way into the huge crowd of our family and friends. "I see your parents!" Nina says as she pulls me over to where I see my mom and dad talking to some of my other friends. "Congrats you two!" My mom says pulling me in for a hug. "Couldn't think of a better couple." My dad adds on pulling Nina in for a hug. "So, let me see the ring!" My mom says to Nina ready to see the piece of jewelry Nina would be wearing for the rest of her life. Nina flashes the ring to my mom with a smile of pure joy. "So are my sisters here?" I ask my dad turning away from Nina and my mom. "No, they couldn't get a flight in time but they're flying down next week and they want to have dinner with you and Nina." My dad says giving me a full update. "Awesome." My dad and I catch up as Nina gets my mom up to speed on what was happening with the wedding. Once we say our good-byes we make our way over to Nina's family. "Alex you came!" Nina says running over to give her brother a hug. "Your younger sister only gets engaged to the second most wonderful man once!" "Who's the first?" Nina questions with raised eyebrows. "Me of course!" "Debatable." Nina laughs as she shows her brother her ring. "What about me? I thought I was number 1?" Her dad comes up with a big smile. "Dad!" Nina runs from her brother over to her dad as he picks her up and spins around his daughter. "Hey baby girl! We've missed you." Her dad says as she sets her back down on the ground. "Me too! Mom flew down two days ago so I've got to catch up with her, but we all need to get together soon!" I hear the conversation between Nina and her dad. "So let me see the ring!" He says reaching for her left hand. She shows off her ring happily as she gazes back towards me. "I love you." I mouth back to her. "I love you too." She silently mouths back as her dad continues to gaze at the jewel. Once Nina says good-bye to her family we continue to make our way around the party saying hello to all of our closest friends. "Ok if everyone  could please get to your seats, speeches will begin soon." Kat announces standing on the small stage in the front of the room. Nina and I find our seats at the front table with both of our families. "Hi, I'm Candice and I've known Nina and Paul through all of my adult life. As, the character I play ships them greatly, I do as well. Nina and I have been friends from the start, and I have been able to be an older sister to her and help her grow up as her parents were so far away. Paul as well as been one of my best friends. He has been an older brother to me and we have been in a prank war since year one. I couldn't be more happy to that two of my best friends are getting married. I cannot wait for the start of your life together as one, as a couple united. I love you guys." Candice says coming over to hug Nina and I as Kat steps on stage. "When I started the show and first met Paul and Nina I was twenty years old. As Nina and I being the same age, we could learn from our mistakes together as Candice tried to help us. Nina has always been supportive of whatever new thing I tried next. Paul has been the most kind and amazing man who has been nothing but caring not only to his wife to be, but also to everyone. He has been one of my best friends and both of you are both extremely special to me. I couldn't be more excited that you two will be come one and live forever together like, everyone has hoped from the beginning. I love you both so so much." Just like Candice, Kat comes down and hugs both Nina and me. "So, since not all of you were able to see one of the most romantic proposals, we have the video of Paul's proposal. So if everyone could pay attention to the screen. A screen comes down and I see a huge smile come across Nina's face as she lays her head down on my shoulder. The clip begins to play and I hold Nina's hand as we happily watch the clip. Myself being more embarrassed than her because I was practically shaking during the film. The film ends and a loud applause fills the air when a sudden figure appears.