$2

Her

Unknown POV:

I walked up to the doors of the school, giving my best friends since grade school bro hugs. "Hey dude, how was your weekend?" Matt asked me, his eyes wide with wonder. Matt was a sophomore, and he was the freshman we took on last year so that our 'legacy' would live on, or at least that's how Jack put it when he called the 'life-changing' meeting. Matt was like a puppy dog, he did whatever we asked him to and he loved to hear about our lives. He literally burst into tears when we told him that after watching him for many minutes, we had decided to take him under our wing and eventually let him take over our crew when we graduated.

This was a tradition that had been a ritual for the past generations. Every year, each junior group would pick a freshman to guide until said juniors has graduated, and the new leader would pick members to lead.

"It was fine, I saw some hot chicks at the skate park but they weren't into all this," I gestured dramatically at my body, a smile already threatening to burst from my straight face. "It's whatever." Obviously I was joking, I had never been to the skate park in my life. The boys all laughed on cue, some genuine, others just wanted to get in good with their group's leader. Half the boys in this group don't respect me for me, just as the group leader. Those boys are the type that aren't in it for the friendship, they are in it for the glory at school. I guess you could say that we're popular at school, but that had never bothered me.

Matt's eyes widened, his face going slack as his eyes became unfocused, his pupils enlarged as his eyes looked behind me. I quickly turned around because there was most definitely something strange happening behind my back.

Almost giving myself a severe case of whiplash, my eyes scanned the courtyard of the school for what Matt was staring at so intently. When my chocolate orbs rested on the figure I had assumed Matt was staring at, my jaw dropped to my knees.

There she was, the girl I had crushed on for years. I had assumed I would be more used to the sight of her doing something so simple as looking at her schedule, but I was proven wrong. She was the one girl that I even dared to take a second look at, and she was also the one girl in the school who didn't know, or didn't care who I was. That bothered me really badly, and I couldn't shake that feeling, no matter how hard I tried.

I quickly turned to Matt, slapping him across the head after I had regained my senses. "Stop staring dude, she's gonna think we're creepy." I exclaimed, trying not to sound too concerned that the mysterious pale blonde might think my crew was creepy, thus me being creepy by association.

My closest friends, Jack and Danny, snickered as they elbowed me repeatedly. They were the only ones that knew my infatuation with Katalin, and they loved to make fun of me for it. "Shut up." I murmured, fighting the faint tint of pink from my cheeks.

"It's time for class anyways, what are you losers doing just standing there? Wouldn't want Mr. Scofield to catch us being late, would we?" Jack saved me from my own embarrassment, and I looked at him gratefully.

⎶⎶⎶⎶⎶⎶

Katalin's POV:

The day seemed like it would never end as I had only gotten to my 4th class, which was actually my favorite. Art was always a favorite class of mine, and my teacher, Mr. Boroughs, definitely helped my love for art develop. In his class, he lets us be creative and although there are structures to the projects he assigns, he basically gives us free range.

The class is really nice in general, too, but the reason I like it is because when I draw, it's like I'm somewhere else, where I don't have to deal with everyday problems, and I can just focus on what I am working on.

Another reason why I thoroughly enjoy Art is because of a certain boy who sat right behind me. Don't get me wrong, I am not boy obsessed. Neither am I very popular in that department anyways, because although no one at school knows that I have Brodie, I don't have time to take care of him and worry about my love life (or lack thereof). So, now that that is out of the way, this boy. He's so.. Interesting. Granted, I've never had a real conversation with him, but when I watch him drawing he looks so focused, and his brow furrows in the cutest way. I hear him in the hall with his friends, if you could call them that. It's basically just a group of boys that gather around him and his best friends Jack and Danny, because they want to be popular like them. It's not that the three of them are popular, but they are super funny, from the gossip around the school that I've heard.

They are all really good friends, they are the type of friends that know everything about the others, know them like the backs of their hands. I used to have a friend like that, Annabelle, but when I left for a few months when everyone got back from summer to have Brodie, she decided to be the best friend ever and slept with my boyfriend/the father of my unknown baby. Jake, Brodie's father, wouldn't be able to handle Brodie. He's the typical boy, quarterback, cheerleaders falling all over him and his good looks. Before Brodie, I was that girl. Typical blonde peppy cheerleader with tons of 'friends' and enemies, with the hot boyfriend that all the girls wanted. That was my life. And then, one night, I stupidly went to a party with Jake and well... And then it was summer and I left for 'vacation', which went into my schooling.

After I had Brodie, I came back on a mission to tell Jake. It was stupid of me to keep it from him after all, but I was going to tell him. I loved him. The first thing that I did, after I dropped my bags off at my new apartment on the other side of town (my parents kicked me out but still wanted to keep the birth private), was go to Jake's townhouse. I sat there on his stupid porch and rang his stupid doorbell, and well..

Cliffhanger! Next chapter will be a flashback yay!