Mothers day

This is a Fanfic of MikaelaBender AMAZING STORY Expiration Date. This is the best book I have read so far!
Iris's POV

"AHHH"

I scream probably waking everyone up. I look up and see Colton's warm smile. I exhale heavily at the sight of him. My knight in shining armor.

"Good morning"

He says pulling me into a hug. Charlotte comes screaming into the room.

"Happy Mothers Day! Did you open the card yet?"

I look over to the corner of the room and see a giant bear holding a big box of chocolates and a card.

I open the gold envelope and read the card aloud.

"Roses are red
Iris's are purple
I love you
Forever and urple"

Charlotte loved writing poems, and making up words. She runs into my arms splattering her long light brown hair onto my face. I continue reading the letter

"Iris, I hope you have the best Mother's Day, and this year I know it will be- Colton. Thank you."

I look into Colton's big warm eyes.

"Go get ready"

Colton says, I reply with a groan and he literally drags me out of bed. I walk to the bathroom and shower. I step out to see a short blue dress with gold pearls around the neck and wrists.

I visit Vienna and Alexxsus to eventually walk downstairs with them.

Pink and gold balloons rains down on us,

"Happy Mother's Day!"

Alexxsus runs to Zeke, Vienna to Jonas, and Colton runs to me. We have a buffet of grilled cheese and spaghetti, for dessert we have a four layer cake with pink frosting and gold pearls as decoration.

Later we go to the swimming pool, most the time Charlotte splashes me with water.

Soon, Colton tells me to get ready,

"Come on, I have something special for tonight."

"What about Charlotte?"

I asked

"I already cleared it with Vienna, she does love Charlotte."

I walk upstairs and slip on a long Royal purple dress with frill at the bottom. I layer my makeup with a simple smokey eye.

Soon I walk downstairs and see Colton waiting for me with a sweet smile on his face. Somethings he is just a complete dork, I love him so much.

"Ready?"

He asks me with an excited tone

"You are acting suspicious. Come on Colton what are we doing?"

"It's a surprise"

And with that we left. It was a long drive, but we soon reach a long illuminated building with a red sign that read, "Dance Lessons"

I look up to Colton's big eyes with a smile from ear to ear. I've always wanted to learn how to dance, even since the orphanage. He knows that, my face says it all.

"Are you ready to learn how to dance?"

I nod, he takes my hand and leads me into the building. The teacher tells us how to do the waltz. We do the step and I lean into Colton feeling the warmth of his body. I almost drift off but the music stopping snaps me out of it.

"Mm, I'm tired, can we go home?"

"Yes"

Colton replies chuckling at the obvious tiredness in my voice. He has to lead me to the car.

We get back, and almost falling asleep on the stairs, walk back to my room.

I opened the chocolate box and shove one in my mouth. I flop down onto the bed slowly nodding off, lastly saying,

"Colton was right, this really was the best Mother's Day ever."