5 ~ warm blankets & tickle sessions

Third Person:

The tired pair stumbled through the door of their 'First Class, Dead Forest View' room, or as Makoto likes to call it: 'The Deluxe Suite'.

All they a wanted to do was sleep. It had been a long day and they needed their energy for facing the guild tomorrow.

"I-I can sleep on the floor if you want." Natsu awkwardly piped up, knowing there was only one bed in the room.

Lucy sat on the end of the double bed, taking off her jacket and shoes.

"No no, it's fine. I mean, I don't mind... if you want to stay in the bed." She spoke quickly, seeming a little nervous at the topic.

Natsu looked at her in the eyes, checking she genuinely was okay about it. She was.

"Okay, thanks Luce." He smiled childishly and jumped in the bed.

"I'm gonna go take a shower..." She said, grabbing some clothes and a towel, to then head to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Lucy had quickly changed her mind and decided to have a bath. It filled up rather fast as she sat on the edge waiting. She added a bath bomb, got out of her clothes, and slid in.

The water was hot; barely burning her skin but not quite.

The colours of the bath bomb relaxed her as she placed her head back and closed her eyes.

...

"Luce?"

"Lucy!?"

"Lucy please don't be dead!"

Lucy shot up in the bath, opening her eyes wide. Did she fall asleep?

"Luce?" Natsu called again, now banging on the door of the bathroom.

"It's late, are you okay?" He asked, worriedly.

"Yeh I'm fine! Sorry I must have drifted off." Lucy said quickly, emerging from the now luke-warm bath.

"Oh okay. I was worried for a second there." He sighed.

There was a shuffling noise, Lucy only assumed to be Natsu going back to bed. She dried herself with a provided towel, got dressed and quietly opened the bathroom door.

She was wearing her pyjamas, consisting of a white tank top and baby blue shorts. She felt a little awkward getting into bed with Natsu though she had definitely woken up with him in hers before. Not that she minded really.

She tiptoed out of the bathroom to see Natsu back in the bed, snuggled into the blanket.

After placing her dirty clothes to the side of the moonlit room, she pulled up the corner of the blanket on the bed, and climbed in. She lay on her side, facing Natsu who was turned the other way.

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she shuffled to get comfy in her place. Trickles of anxiety pecked at her as she thought of tomorrow's plans, but she pushed them aside and concentrated on sleeping.

After closing her eyes, they were quickly opened again as Natsu turned over onto his other side. He was facing Lucy now; His eyes still closed, his mouth delicately opening and closing as each breath escaped. Lucy observed him, a slight smile creeping upon her face as she stared at his sleeping state.
Soon, Lucy found her self with her eyes once again closed, drifting off to a deep sleep.

-

The sound of loud shouting awoke Natsu and Lucy. The voices were coming from outside; one sounding like a man and the other a woman.