Chapter 2: The Poser

A/N: This is the chapter where the actual fan fiction that isn't part of any scene in the show begins. Both Rose and the Doctor are in utter confusion in this chapter, read to find out what happens next. Hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

The Doctor still in complete and utter shock gapes at his past companion. "You alright?" Rose mutters, rubbing the side of her head. She lifts herself up, leaning on her elbow. He puts his fingers through his hair, mind completely blank, face deprived of color. He reaches for his sonic screwdriver, only to realize he is wearing plain pyjamas.

The Doctor looks down at himself, with a disgusted face. "What the bloody hell am I wearing?" he comments, not answering her question. The Doctor has never been more lost in years, and he hated the feeling. Only one question occupied his mind- What?

Rose watches him with a confused look, her eyes droopy." Blimey, Doctor it's 2 o'clock in the morning. Go back to sleep in your room," she suggests, tiredly. She pauses and then adds," If you'd like." But his expression doesn't change. Nothing made sense to him.

"Mirror," he says, suddenly interested in his new appearance.

"What?" Rose asks him, obviously not expecting such an answer.

"Mirror," the Doctor repeats, raising his eyebrows. " I need a mirror," the Time Lord specifies, pointing at his face. At first Rose thought that he was joking, but his tone was dead serious. Frankly, his sudden request surprised Rose.

"Doctor, you've been living in this house for almost two weeks," Rose chuckles." I think you'd know exactly where to find a mirror." Suspended in bewilderment, the Doctor examines the astonishingly large room. Redwood tables lined the edges of the room, with a single dark carpet with a exquisite design, leading it's way to the other side of the dimly-lit room. The couch that was currently occupied by Rose only took up one corner of the room, facing a large telly. How could his Rose live in such a house. Unless... No, no, no. The Doctor was starting to form a theory but he quickly wiped the thought from his alien mind. That just couldn't be possible. But the Doctor loved impossible. His eyes fell on a fairly old dresser with a mirror on the opposite side of the room. He makes his way to it through the marble floor, trying to come up with an explanation.

Rose, sensing his discomfort, sleepily throws off her covers, and clumsily follows her Metacrisis Doctor. Her head spun from the sudden waking. Ever since they were both left on Bad Wolf Bay he had complaints and problems with many aspects of an ordinary human life. Just like the actual Doctor, he quickly got bored with simple human activities. He would constantly insult human devices, but Rose pitied him. He was simply stressed, and Rose promised to take care of him. Separated from everything that ever belonged to his home planet, he would wake in the middle of the night trying to duplicate the sonic screwdriver, but he never had the right materials. All he really had was Rose. She could see him trying to adapt to his new life, but she all could see was pain in his eyes. But his kindness for her never ceased. And Rose really appreciated having him. Adventures or not, Time Lord or part human, the Doctor never failed to amaze her. She could be completely angry with the Doctor for leaving her the second time after she fought her way back to him. But the Doctor's duplicate was the closest thing she will have to a fulfilled life with him. And she was thankful for that. Her very own Doctor. A year ago, she couldn't even imagine saying that. Like any living creature, the Doctor needs someone, so he wouldn't be alone, someone to help him be better. If Rose could do it once, she could better him again, just like she has promised. And during this second week the Doctor finally began adapting to his new home, which at the moment was Pete's mansion, falling asleep in front of the telly.