11. Holiday Vacation Ep. 6: Happiness is a Warm Gun

Thank you all so much for 4000 reads! It makes me so happy, so I thought I'd upload the next chapter. I hope you all enjoy it and keep reading.

Please don't forget to read, vote, comment and share. xoxo

-

11. Holiday Vacation Ep. 6: Happiness is a Warm Gun

We had been sitting inside the living room area of the hotel room, waiting out the storm. It had been at least an hour and a half since midnight and I was beginning to lose hope in the weather getting any better.

Luke and the other boys continued drinking and having a good time, even turning a stereo on to keep themselves entertained.

At one point, Luke threw his head back and moaned, "I need a fix!"

It caught my attention. I didn't know much about drugs, but I knew a fix was heroine. He got up from his spot on the couch and grabbed the duffel bag they'd brought to Mr. Smith's suite. He opened it up and sorted through all the clothes until he found what he was looking for. It was a small wooden box. Inside, were several needles, with the drug already prepared and they were wrapped in a hand towel.

"Uh...Luke, what is that?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"Medicine." He lied. He grabbed one of the thin syringes in the box and then extended his left arm. I'd never really checked his arms before, but I saw red markings in the anticubital area. He hit it a few times to expose the purple vein beneath his skin. I took a moment to really look at him. He didn't seem like the type of guy who would do something like this, but then again he had a troublesome life and I knew he was always putting up a brave front.

But now I really noticed the dark circles around his eyes. There weren't very many other signals that he was a junkie, which led me to believe he was just recently starting with this bad habit.

Before he could inject himself with the drug, I went over to him and snatched the syringe from his hand. He looked at me in surprise. "No, no. You are not going to get hyped up on drugs in my presence." My voice then softened, "You don't need this."

He reached his hand out to take the needle from me. "Haven't you ever heard the song 'Happiness is a Warm Gun'? Well, its part of my happiness." He said.

"Not anymore." I said.

He wanted to argue with me, but I heard some noises coming from the bedroom of the suite. My thoughts immediately went to my sister and I dropped the needle to the ground, rushing over to the room at the end of the hallway.

I opened the door quickly to reveal my sister and James in bed. She was lying blissfully in his arms after having slept with him, but their faces both changed into looks of fear when they saw me. "Savannah!" I screamed. She quickly grabbed the covers and bundled herself up. "What is wrong with you?!"

"Sorry." James offered, embarrassed.

But Savannah cut him off. "Don't be sorry, James." Then she turned her attention back to me. "You're just jealous because I got some before you ever could." Her voice sounded arrogant.

I turned away from them, my face blushing madly. "Th-that is not true in the slightest."

"What's goin-" Luke's voice said from behind me, but he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw them. Everything was silent for about a minute, until Luke broke out into a laugh. "I thought someone was dying, Lilliam. You scared me."

"I'm spending the night in a nut house." I closed my eyes and shook my head, making sure this wasn't just a nightmare I was stuck in. But I didn't wake up. This was reality. "I need to get out of here. I don't want to be surrounded by promiscuous...dope fiends! You've all corrupted my sweet little sister. Sky was right about your guys." I pushed past Luke and ran out the front door, not looking back even after Luke called after me.