Chapter 9

Zheth turned away from the emptiness of space as Kylo Ren and Hux returned from their meeting with a person they called Supreme Leader Snoke. She cast a glance at Phasma, who seemed intent on ignoring the quietly bickering pair, before copying the motion. It didn't work however as she saw Kylo's shadow as he stopped beside her.

"I need to speak with you alone." His voice sounded neutral, not giving anything away.

She followed slowly after him before stopping as he turned to stare down at her. "I swear, I haven't done anything wrong these past few days! Whatever happened, it wasn't me!"

"I know." He responded smoothly. "It is time for our next step in the plan... I'm choosing to trust you to betray the Resistance and give me the information I desire."

"What do you want to know?" Zheth leaned against the wall, staring at him through her helmet.

"I saw into your mind, nothing you say could help now. I need you to get fresh information for the First Order."

"So you want me to act as a spy?"

"Yes... do you know what will happen if you betray my trust?" He moved closer in intimidation.

She rolled her eyes. "Duh."

Kylo made a growling sound. "When will you learn to contain that attitude?"

"When will you learn to stop trying to order me around about it?" She snapped back. "I can always refuse the money and look for another job you know."

"You won't." He walked away and she followed him back to the others.

Zheth stopped by Hux and leaned against him with one arm around his shoulders, feeling the man tense up. "I can see why you don't get along with him. Kylo Ren is a pain in the skull, literally at times."

"Do you mind?" Hux turned to look at her and cast a look at her arm.

"Not at all." She grinned. "You are surprisingly comfortable considering how stiff you always look."

"Stop flirting with General Hux and pay attention Predator!" Phasma commanded.

She jumped at the word and quickly moved slid her arm off him, scowling at the woman, Phasma was stealing her gig of making the jokes. "I know what I need to do for your information."

"Good." Kylo activated his lightsaber and Zheth flinched back, her breath hitching as she saw the blade... it was so much worse than the other one she'd been close to. "Then you wouldn't mind holding still... You wouldn't like it if I missed."

"W-what?" Zheth felt the wall behind her and wished they'd given her weapons back.

"No comments now?" Hux's mouth twitched in a bit of a smile.

Defiance slipped through her. "Shut up...!"

The slight look faded. "Lord Ren, are you sure? The Supreme Leader never said anything about this."

"We need to make it look convincing." Zheth's gaze flashed between the two as Kylo held her body still with the Force. "It won't take much."

"Shoot me! Cut me! J-just... keep that away from me...!" She fought to break free, to move, as panic jolted through her, telling every fiber to get away from that glowing red blade.

Pain went through her chest and her body dropped to the ground. Zheth groaned and blurrily watched Phasma lower her blaster. She closed her eyes, feeling her heart rate slowing a bit as she heard Kylo's lightsaber deactivate. Without the fear coursing through her body she could access the damage Phasma had done, which, judging by where the pain was radiating from, wasn't fatal. Painful and probably nastier looking than it was considering Phasma seemed to be the only Storm Trooper to know what they were doing, but definitely not fatal. She sat up and glanced down at the burnt shirt where the blaster had pierced it.

"This was my favorite shirt." Zheth commented, jokingly of course, she did have spares back at the Resistance base. "Who wants to shoot me next?"

"Astounding." Hux muttered. "She's already normal again."

"Why don't you go scare the life out of some workers you Foxy little freak?" Zheth winced as she stood up.

"Can we just get this over with?" Hux growled, staring at Kylo Ren.

She was kicked swiftly to the ground and pinned there, hearing the hum of the lightsaber once more but unable to see it in her new position. Flashes of what happened all those years ago raced through her mind, though it wasn't the part with Lord Vader that was the worst even if he was the one who was partially responsible for what happened later.

"Nathale I said sorry." Zheth repeated the phrase again and again as she looked for a place to hide on their ship. "I wasn't thinking it through! Please!"

Sharp pain filled her torso as he kicked her to the ground, she was surprised there hadn't been a cracking noise, but then again, he didn't want Das Torre to see any evidence of this beating. Another strike hit her spine and she gave a shout of pain, squirming to get away from him before being dragged back down and feeling a metal rod smack into her, a faint trail of blood running down from where it had landed. This went on several more times before Nathale left, though Zheth knew he'd come back with something worse.

She lay there shivering, trying to calm her breathing, before seeing a glowing red spot on the end of a brander. Knowing there was no escape she stayed where she was... suppressing her cries of pain as it burned into her neck. When it was over Nathale comforted her, helping to hide the wounds. She stayed silent as he led her off the ship and onto Mandalore's surface, if anyone were to see her they would only see the mark on her neck, which was barely anything they would care about.

"I need a drink, hurry up." Nathale snapped, making Zheth flinch before picking up the pace.

The memory was followed by nothingness. She couldn't be sure if she was dead or alive, only that the pain was dulled as though it was only a memory. Zheth forced her eyes to open... some bounty hunter... faced with a lightsaber and she flips out... Now they knew a weakness.

"She's awake General." Zheth heard a familiar voice and turned her head to see Phasma standing guard.

A flash of orange hair came into view followed by the shadowy form of Kylo Ren. "About time."

"Now is the perfect opportunity to send her to the Resistance." Kylo Ren's voice didn't sound overly distorted this time to her confusion. "We already know the droid is on Takodana, the Resistance won't be too far behind. We'll get the map and an inside source at one shot."

Zheth sat up slowly, her bleach white hair falling in her face slightly. "I can hear you, you know."

"And she's already talking." General Hux sighed before turning to her. "Which means you must be well enough to start your mission."

"I was always ready until you tried killing me." Zheth snapped at him, now able to feel several new cuts and burns on her body as she moved.

"The Resistance would get suspicious if you came out unscathed." Kylo reasoned and she turned to him, taken back slightly when she saw he wasn't wearing his mask. "Phasma, take her to get changed.We'll be arriving shortly."