Chapter 13

Dev's pov 

(After turning 11)

It has been almost two years since we moved to this neighborhood.

Two years of celebrating our birthdays in this house. Dad got me that play station which he promised he will buy me on my tenth birthday, Ved got new cricket kit for his tenth birthday.

As for this birthday, we went to an orphanage with Jiji during the day, celebrated our birthday there and gave them presents.

It was so good to see so many kids my age, playing with them, talking to them and sharing those sweet little moments that we get to share only on this day. I even made new friends there. 

Dad and Mom bought us each a pair of sports shoes, we even cut the cake in the evening and Ved invited Maulika as she lives next door.

In these two years I have learned many things from my Grandmother, my dad, mom, teachers and so many other people.

But that does not mean, I had not made any mistakes and didn't do things which needed apologizing. 

I manage not to repeat the same mistake, but at the same time, find a way to do things which needs apologizing and I can't understand the reason why.

Many things has changed in these two years .

I have grown taller and came from grade three to grade five. Same is the case for Ved.

Now that I am in grade five, my school teachers gives us so much of homework, I think I might quit school and just sit at home and play video games all the time. But, Jiji says, if I want to become a big man one day, I have to study hard.

Jiji has visited us many times and now its like a settled routine, that I get to meet her every other weekend. When she comes to visit us, she always brings those Laddus and Banana pie and Chocolate chip cookies which I like so much.

One thing which hasn't changed is my relationship with Maulika. She is now nine and I am Eleven, but we are not anything like best friends. She is still that same talking-in-high-pitch, over dramatic and weird girl and I tolerate her to say the least. She is best friends with Ved though and now they are even more inseparable.

I kept my promise of not saying anything to her and plan on keeping it that way because again, I can't handle girls and that is the universal truth.

You guys must be thinking why I have not talked about Ved much. Because right now I am sulking over the fact that Ved does not like my new group of friends which are seventh graders and are senior to me.They have introduced me to a game called truth and dare.

I am playing this newfound game right now with my seniors.

The pen spins round and round and before I know it, it is my chance to choose an option as the pointed needle of the pen is on my side. 

Vansh, who is sitting across from me and is a senior to me gets the other side of the pen. I see him make a face, as if he was waiting for this very opportunity. He don't like me much, I can tell by the way he talks to me at times, looks at me as if I have two heads. I couldn't care much, because all I want is some fun time.

I choose dare. Normally I take truth or situation as they are easy to deal with, but this time I take dare just to see, what kind of challenge he will put in front of me.

"Are you sure?" asks he with a challenging gleam in his eyes.

"Yes. Dare away." I reply with confidence.

He is silent for a while as if he is thinking of giving me the hardest dare of the planet. I am ready and I am fully sure I will be able to complete his dare.

Until he tells me what my dare actually is.

---------------------------------------------------------