Prologue *Welcome to my life*

Happy reading 😊

Picture of Lilly (isn't she gorgeous?) the side --->
_______________________________________________

*Huff Huff Huff*

'Run Lilly, run! Hide! They are right behind you. Oh my God, I can hear their footsteps coming nearer with every passing second! Holy shit, holy shit,' I subconsciously spoke to myself.

I quickly entered my room and shut the door silently before locking it carefully.

'Now what? Yes, the closet. Those murderers with pathetic ski masks could not possibly find me here. But what if they find me hiding inside? Darn it! There is no other choice. Either hide inside or don't wish to see tomorrow's sunlight.'

I ran towards the closet and jumped inside. It was so dark. I closed the door and sat on the pile of dirty clothes. I was huffing pretty loudly but I tried to control my huff. I was not suppose to make any noise! I started to count. A habit of mine when I was afraid or nervous.

1, 2, 3.... 10

*Bang Bang Bang*

'Shit! They have found me. I'll be dead within a few seconds! My goodness, please someone help!

Suddenly that loud banging stopped. They gave up? I mentally sighed. But then the jingling sound of keys made me regret the sigh I just sighed in relief. Shit, they have found the key! My heart nearly stopped beating with the cruel click sound, followed by a hideous laughter.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk! Poor Lilly. Come out, come out from wherever you're hiding. You can't run from us forever. You have to die. You're about to die!" I heard the familiar female voice that held no mercy. That's it! I was about to die in any minute from now.

I covered my mouth with my palms and tried to cover myself with the clothes. But my hand froze in halfway when I heard the closet door was slowly yet maliciously being opened. In a blink of an eye, the door was wide opened and I saw two figures standing outside in black clothes. They were holding knives which were shining cruelly in the moonlight. My eyes got bigger like UFO.

I was totally immobilised. I lost control over my limbs. I couldn't move. I guess that happened with people who experienced death from very small, almost one arm distance. I watched them as the smaller female figure came closer to me. She bent down in my height so she was face to face with me. That's when she decided to take off her ski mask. I watched in awe as the mask was slowly being removed and then familiar blond hair cascaded down from her shoulder. Then I saw her face.

I was sure as hell that She was about to say something like 'Your last wish before death?' but when she opened her mouth, she said, .............

"Hey loser!"

*SPLASH*

I rolled over and fell down from the bed, tangled in the blanket and landed on my butt. Hard I must add.

Damn that hard wood floor! It hurts!

I sat there in the floor like a major fool, with drenched clothes, hair and blanket, still trying to figure out where was I and what just exactly happened. I looked around with my eyes wide open and realised I was in the attic cum my room and I was having a terrible nightmare where my step mother and my step sister were about to murder me.

Bloody hell!

I stood up while rubbing my butt and saw the little devil of a stepsister herself standing on the other side of my bed, holding an empty bucket. She was the little devil and my step mom was big devil. I glared at her. She just rolled her eyes and smirked evilly at me.

"Tina, what the actual hell!" I said with my teeth gritted together. She looked at me challengingly.

"Look Lilly, don't give me that attitude. You overslept so it's your fault."

Overslept?! It was fucking 6:00 am! That idiot.

"It's only 6:00 am Tina. I'm not suppose to wake up before seven. Why did you throw icy cold water at me? You could just shake me. I might catch a cold now."

She looked at me as if she couldn't care less about what I said.

"Don't ask me questions. Mom said to wake you up. She was hungry and wants you to make our breakfast. And throwing water at you was fun!"

Fun my foot!

"Whatever!" I sighed and stormed out of my room without forgetting to slam the door shut in her face. I hated that girl! I don't know what the hell I ever did wrong with her. She still makes sure everyday to make my life hell like her mom. I hate them, both of them!

I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I needed a shower too. I felt tired. That evil step mom of mine made me awake yesterday till mid night just to massage her legs. And now she orders her daughter to wake me up ridiculously early in the morning just to please her hungry stomach. Believe me when I say that the lady looks thin but can eat like a hungry Godzilla!

After I started the shower, I started to think about the pathetic dream I just had. My God those devils don't even leave me in my dreams! They usually haunted me in my dreams but this time they crossed their limit by trying to murder me. I am actually kind of happy that Aria woke me up. Atleast for her, I didn't have to die in my dreams. Let me tell you it's not at all a pleasure to see yourself being murdered in your dream.

*Sigh*

One day, maybe one day I'll be free, doing whatever I want to do with my life. Without any obstacles. Without them.

Slowly my head started to fill with optimism. In simple language, we call it hope. No matter how tough situations we have to face in life, we must not loose hope. It gives us strength, it gives me strength to fight. That's what my dad taught me when he was still with me. And I was gonna remember that forever and always.

Warm water drops slowly ran down my body taking away all my tension and pain with them. I felt relaxed. I slowly closed my eyes, having my own moment of calmness. That's when my sorry luck decided to butt in.

"LILLY STEWART! HAVE YOU DIED IN THERE? GET OUT AND MAKE YOUR MOM DAMN BREAKFAST! YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF...." blah blah blah, who cares?

Well, there goes my moment of relief! Who could we blame for this? That's right, no one. No one but my garbage luck.

So, hello everyone, welcome to my life!

___________________________

Hey! So, how was it? Please let me know and trust me when I say that I don't bite ;)

Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT!

Love, ~wannaflyhigh~

Instagram- suuubsss