2. Start Of Something

Paige's POV

"Gone to have breakfast with Dad. Jane has prepared breakfast for you. Love you xo," I wrote on a piece of paper. I dropped it on the table next to her phone, making sure she sees it.

I wore a black simple dress that slid in and reached halfway down my thighs with black Gucci heels accenting my long legs perfectly. A neat ponytail with eyeliner and bright red lipstick finished off the look.
Once ready, I grabbed my purse and took off.

My father came from Italy yesterday and today we were having breakfast together. He's a famous businessman, and always has several meetings to attend to; the company has taken so much of his time. However, he has always been there for my mother and me.

We met for breakfast at Le Pre Catelan. The typical French breakfast reminded me of old times with Chloé- the croissants, omelet, French toast, and the fresh orange juice.

"Hello Dad," I said as I rushed to give him a hug.

"Hello my little princess," he said, hugging me back, before taking a seat.

"How's the business class?" my father asked as the waiter, poured some tea into our teacups.

"Good, good. I have my finals next week," I answered, taking a bite of the baguette.

"You're almost done, I can't wait for you to take over," he chirped.

"Me too," I concurred, giving a smile.

I actually really want to take over the company, always have. The faith my father had in me always kept me going. I couldn't wait to finish and take over and make my family proud.

"So haven't you found any guy yet?" My father asked, rather randomly making me almost choke on my tea.
I looked at him with wide eyes and dropped my drink on the table slowly and simpered.

Never has he ever asked me about boys. Why the sudden change?
I've made it clear that I didn't want to fall in love and they had accepted it.

"I thought you would have met someone."

"No...I haven't. I've made this clear before."

"I just want you to be happy with someone to share your times with."

"Don't worry Dad. I can make myself happy. Who needs love when I've got you, Mom and Chloé?" I assured him.

He just nodded and smiled as he took his fork and continued his meal.

An hour later, we were done and I followed my Dad outside after paying the bill.

"Paige, Come and have coffee with me in my office," he said as we waited outside the restaurant for the chauffeur to get us the car.

"Alright, but I can't stay for lunch because Chloé's here."

"Oh really? That's nice. You guys will have so much fun here together," he said, smiling.

"Yes, she came last week."

We got into the car and headed to the company.

*****

Walking towards the elevator, I was welcomed with greetings from the staff, exchanging a few smiles and waves. I knew almost all of them because I had visited several times. I waved to the receptionist, receiving a wave in return. There was a guy with a pretty good posture speaking to her who turned back and then uninterestedly turned his face away.

Excuse me?

I furrowed my brows and became curious as to who this person was; I had never seen him before. I noticed everyone admiring him as they had just seen an Abercrombie model. He didn't look like one of my father's staff.