Lost in the Dark

Y/N's P.O.V

I arrived to my apartment building feeling really happy because I just had a really great day at the beach. I mean I met somebody who didn't totally hate me and actually gave me his number. I still can't get over that Mitch was being serious with the whole 'you want to hang out thing'. I tapped my floor into the elevator as the doors closed. The elevator started rising to my floor as I continued to think about Mitch. He was so nice, cute, caring, sweet, and so much more. Most importantly, different, different then everyone that hates me. Gosh, I'm repeating my self a hell lot. 

When I got to my door, I pulled out my key to unlock my door only to realize that my door was unlocked. I swear, no, I KNOW I locked the door on my way out, I even checked it. Someone has been here. The only person I know who can pick locks that well is my ex. Damn it! He found me, but what did he want that was this important to break in? Well I'm about to find out.

I gasp as I walk in. Tears already streaming from my eyes. My apartment.... destroyed. I look around and saw holes in the wall, my TV shattered couch and chairs in shreds. Why? Why me? I run to my bedroom only see more of a mess. Over half of my clothes on the floor ripped in half. Bed exploded into feathers. All my stuff I worked for. My eyes widened as I remember, my money. I rush over to where I hide all my money since I have no back account. 

"DANG IT!" I scream as most of it is gone. There was a total of 50$ left. All of my life savings, gone, down the drain along with most everything else I own. I check my kitchen and bathroom, the only other two rooms in the house. Same story, everything broken and worthless. Was he really this mad? I rushed to the bathroom took out my blade and started cutting. Cutting my life away. Rid the pain. I decide to stop so I don't lose enough blood to faint because there is no way in hell that I'm going to be able to afford hospital bills if someone finds me. I look at my forearm, filled with scars and fresh cuts. I clean the cuts and change out of what I have on into some of the remaining clothes I had, which included a sweatshirt. I guess I was going to have to make do, why does life hate me. I sink into a corner letting the darkness swallow me as I cry myself asleep.

I'm awoke by a knock at my door. I get up and answer it. "Hi, can I help you?" I ask realizing it's one of the employees that work at the complex. 

"Hello, Mrs. Y/L/N?" she asked. (Your last name)

"That's me." I reply kindly.

"Well, we had some noise complaints come from near by. They said it didn't sound like a party but more like shatters and stuff breaking. So we have to do a room check to make sure nothing is damaged that would belong to apartment." She clarified.

I gulp knowing that this is a problem, and said "Oh. Yea totally, go ahead. Sorry..." I say mumbling the last word and stepping out of the way to let her in. My eyes were still puffy from crying and I had tear marks on my face which also gave the lady a sense of confusion. She looked around as her mouth slowly started opening as she observed the damage.

"Ma'm what exactly happened?" she said.

"To be completely honest I don't know." I answered. But I DO know. I know EXACTLY what happened. I don't want to say 'Oh my ex boyfriend broke in and completely ruined everything' for a few reasons. 1. Would they believe that? No. No possible way. 2. If they do track him down and accuse him of it, he will end up making the problem between him and me worse. If he finds out about Mitch. I won't let that happen.

"Well I'm sorry to say but since you have no legible reason that this wasn't you, we are going to have to either fine you $3,500 (is that an insane amount for repair?) for repair or we are going to have to evict you and you'll have to be out of here by 12:00 tomorrow." she said strictly.

"I'm sorry to say but I don't have that kind of money." I reply trying to be as sweet as I could.

"Eviction it is then miss." she replied no longer with her sweet but just plain coldness.

"Thank you, I guess. I really am sorry. I promise to be out by 12 tomorrow." I reply still trying to act nice hoping to brighten her up a bit. 

She was just finishing writing things up on her clipboard when she flipped it to me and said "Sign here." I did as told, skimming through the text on the paper just clarifying that I agreed to the eviction and not a fine, I then handed it back to her. " Oh and here, you got a letter from someone. I'll be going now. Remember, OUT BY 12!" she screamed as she closed the door. 

I look down to the letter. My name on the front in no one but HIS hand writing. I cut open the the envelope and pull out a letter. It reads:

Dear Y/N,

Did you really think you could get rid of me that easy? Nice try. But since you went that far and tried to get away from me AGAIN, I decided to take it a step further.  So where are you going to hide now that you have no where to go. Oh did I mention that if you try to blame this problem on me, you will cause a huge problem. Not just for you but for all your friends, if you even have any. If you don't I will still try to make your life miserable. Now that your left in the dark, I think there is one more thing I should tell you. I found your father. He really wants to see you... and repay you for the 7 years you have missed at home. That's all for now.

                                                                                                                                                 - Caleb <3

Great now my father is in the equation. This WAS the best day ever. Now its the WORST day ever. I sink back down into my corner. I set my alarm for 6 tomorrow morning so I can pack the few things I have left. I began crying again and find myself once again asleep. Into dreamland.

I woke to the my phone buzzing just like I wanted to. I got up and turned my phone off. I decided to gather the things worth keeping into a pile. I had my blade, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, some small things of food, water bottles, earbuds, $50, my contents from my beach bag, and the remainder of my clothes. All I had left of my clothes were, what I wore yesterday, what I had on, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, sweatpants, a tank top, 3 T-shirts, my one crop top, sweatshirt, my only pair of converse, underwear, bras, and one snap back. I also had my drawing journal and pen. I changed quickly putting on my other tank top that was grey, a pair on denim shorts, and the one black and neon green snap back. All my makeup was destroyed so no more of that. I had taken a shower last night, my last one for awhile. I managed to pack all my things into a backpack that I would carry around with me. I grab my set of keys, phone, and a water bottle before sliding my flip-flops on. I opened the door and checked the time. 11:26. Perfect, out before 12. 

Once I got down to the lobby, I checked out with the guy at the front desk, handing him my apartment keys. After that was done I walked over to my jeep as anger built up inside of me. My car was being towed! "EXCUSE ME WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?" I literally screamed.

"Sorry miss, your car didn't have tag to be staying in this lot. You either pay your fine of $750 or say good bye to your car." He commented.

"Goodbye car." I mumble but loud enough for him to hear as I pass him my last key on my key ring.

He nodded and said "Very well then." I turn and walk away. My life just took a major turn. I just keep walking, and walking. 

I've walked for about half an hour now. I'm close to where the tattoo shop is where I work. I find an ally way with no one in it. I throw my bag down, about to slide down with it when the rage bottled inside of me let's out. I kick the wall yelling "DAMN IT!" and slam my back against the wall where my bag is and slide down crying, once again falling asleep. My foot kinda hurt from that kick...

I woke up to my phones text tone going off. It was Mitch. Mitch, I had forgotten all about him ever since this whole scenario. I read it and it said:

"Hey Y/N! Are you doing okay?"

I had forgotten that I told him I would text him because the whole mess that had happened last night. I decided to respond.

"Hi Mitch. I'm doing great!" 

Lies. All lies. I only said that not wanting to pull him into this situation. Someone as great as him didn't need to be wrapped up in some stupid girls problems. Never the less I don't want Caleb finding out that I'm friends with him.