The Camp and People.

Nathan had become Lily's best friend by the end of the ride. They were smiling as they got off the bus with their rucksacks and trunks. Nathan, by now, had opened up to the small pale girl and even started to joke around with her.

    *Nathan's POV*
   I decided to recall back to our meeting when we fell in silence. It was a comfortable silence though.

   "Hi," someone out to my left said to me, "my name is Rosalyn Lilith, but you can call me whatever you want."
    I looked up to see a young girl with beautiful frizzy hair, which was jet black. Her striking green eyes sparkled very happily. I blushed ever so slightly. Why was this girl talking to me? The edges of my lips pulled upwards into a small smile. I then replied, "Hello, my name is Nathan. I will call you Lily, if that's okay."
     "That's okay with me," she beamed with happiness.
      "Alright then. What do you think you'll like about the camp?"
      "Making friends with people," she replied with an awkward look. I quietly chuckled as if I went any louder everything would break.
       She blushed lightly as I stated, "same here, Lily, same here."

    Now, getting off the bus, we had become best friends. My heart fluttered a tiny bit every time she smiled at me. She was wonderful.

    Once at the camp all the new 11 year old kids stood by another near the entrance  waiting to be sorted into a factor, house, and family. I knew that Lily didn't have a clue what any of that was so I told her the factors, houses, and families.
    "Well the Factors are Heretic, Reserved, Audacious, and Witty. Heretic is for those who are loyal, determined, and don't give up. Reserved is for those who are shy and quiet until they meet the right people or are able to act during every situation. Audacious is for this who are reckless and daring. Witty is just what it means, intelligent.
     "The Factors are color coded. Heretic is white. Reserved is actually a free color Factor. Audacious is black, and Witty is blue. You will have to wear the factor color. Everyday.
     "Onto the Houses. Inside each factor is two houses. Heretic's houses are Adherence and Pastoral. Reserved's houses are Silent and Serenity.Audacious has the houses Constant and Undaunted. Finally, Witty has Space and Mind.
     "Now for the families. In your House and Factor is a bunch of cabins. In your cabin is your cabin housemates. That would be your family. You can also, rarely though, be cabin mates with people from different groups. You could be in Reserved and Witty and your housemates would be Witty and Reserved students.
      "You can infer that this is a complex system by the sound of it, can't you," I asked. She just smiled and nodded as an answer. I breathed.
      "So, which Factor and House do you want to be in," she asked, still smiling.
      "I want to be in Reserved and Serenity. What Factor and House do you want to be in, Lils?"
      "I want to be in Witty and Mind or Reserved and Serenity," she stated in a calm tone. She was a very laid back person when she wasn't nervous.
       A staff member came out to the gates where the 11 year olds were. There were only about 13 of us. That was less than usual. The member said, "I am your resource teacher. I am Professor Rocky. I will call your names to be tested, then sorted, and lastly, examined. You will go four at a time accordingly to those four rooms in that building," she pointed to the building, "and remain here. Don't wander off. The beasts and monsters won't hesitate to eat or harm you.
     "The first four students are, Ackerly, Aubrey.  Andrew, Anna. Austin, Amias. Avon, Brick. Hurry up now Avon, hurry up!"

-Rosalyn Lilith's POV-
     The first few people were called and I was worried. What if I didn't get a good score on anything? What would happen then? Would I be sent back?
The women came back a while later. She called out the next few names.
"Brisbane, Brazil," a girl with dark hair and blue eyes stepped up, "Cannon, Kevin," a boy with brown hair and brown eyes, "Calls, Klara," a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, "and finally, Dawn, Kale," a girl with dark blonde hair and almost black eyes.
Wait. There were 5 left. Professor Rocky stood and noticed that there were only 5 kids left. She then said, "I believe that one of you will go in with the fifth child."
She left again and we were left in silence. I looked around to see a girl with very deep red hair, it almost looked brown. She had bright green eyes and was fairly tall, probably my height. She also had freckles scattered all over her nose and cheeks.
I kept looking at the others. A boy with dark blonde hair and bright blue eyes looked at me with a jittery expression. When I caught his eye he smiled a nervous smile. I smiled kindly, and calmly, back.
Nathan was still here. That left a small girl near the red head girl. The smaller girl had sandy hair and golden eyes with green flecks everywhere. She was bouncing around nervously.
I looked to the gate an hour later to see the teacher there again. She looked at the five of us before saying, "Evans, Rosalyn Lilith-"
I cut her off by saying loudly, "Lily!"
"Yes, yes. Evans, Lily," she smiled at me, "Hart, James. Indiana, Ireland. Lupin, Nathan. Raquel, Beatrix."
Slowly the last of us went into the building. We all went to our different rooms and I ended up in the same room that Ireland was in. She looked worried as the instructor came in. I tried to make her feel less worried by giving her one of my most awkward, funny smiles.
She laughed and said in a spaced-out, heavy Irish accent, "Best of luck to you, Lily. I hope that you get the same factor, house, and family as me."
I smiled and replied, "I hope we do, Ireland. That sounds like fun."
"Girls, if your done chatting, I would like you to sit at those desks," the male instructor said. We did as told. He came by and gave us glasses of water. He then came by with several items. All of them duplicated. In his arms he held these items; a book, locket, pencil and paper, and the last thing is a thing not an object, a puppy. He said to pick one, and we could keep whatever we picked. I picked the puppy with black fur and pale green eyes that looked like mine.
I looked over to notice that Ireland, too, had chosen the puppy but hers had brown fur, and blue eyes.
The man looked at us with a weird look before taking the other items. He placed two books on each of our desks and said pick one.
Care of Creatures, or, Plants, Animals, Weapons, Fighting Techniques, and More. I immediately grabbed Care of Creatures and I noticed Ireland also picked that one.
We went through a few more things like this and by the end we ended up with a puppy, a book, a backpack, a uniform, and I had a curved stick with a piece of cloth tied around it. It turns out if I put my hand on the middle of the stick, it turned into a bow. The piece of cloth would transform into a quiver, full of very many arrows. Then I had my final item. A diadem.
Ireland had a puppy, book, uniform, backpack, and a piece of metal that turned into a large blade.
   We walked together to the sorting spot. We found that all we had to do was have a cloak around us that would yell what your Factor and House was.
   Ireland went first and put the cloak around her. We waited a few moments before it yelled, "Reserved, Serenity!"
  I went next. As soon as the cloak was put on me I heard whispering in my head.
   Hello, dear. You seem to have a Witty mind but your resourcefulness overcomes it. You are daring and bold enough to be an Audacious. You won't be there though. You have the Heretic loyalty but, you would rather be with your friends. Very well. I know where to put you.
    "Reserved, Serenity," it yelled out and I let a breath I didn't even know I was holding, out. Ireland, Nathan, and the James kid were smiling and clapping for me, along with Beatrix. Apparently, they had the same house.
      We all patted each other on the backs and left to go get settled together in a cabin, so we could be the friend group family.
      We reached the cabin that we would be staying in and went in. Immediately I was met with a beautiful room. There was a kitchen filled with food, a living room complete with a burning fire. We looked for our rooms and noticed there were four. They had our names on each of our doors. I went into mine.
      I saw a lovely bed with blue covers, white sheets, and a red pillow. I kept looking to see that all my stuff was already in there and unpacked.
      In a few minutes time Nathan, Beatrix, Ireland, James and I met back in the living room and sat on the floor in a circle.
    "Truth or Dare, anyone," asks James. We all agreed and Ireland started it off.
     "Truth or dare, Lily?"
     "Uh, dare," I stuttered.
     "You have to get up and do your best impression of an antagonist."
      I stood and readied my best country, British, American accent thing and said, "You shouldn't mess with me! I'm not a daft, little girl to mess around with," I changed my voice to be one of a high British accent. "Oh, he knows how to play! Itty," I leaned towards Nathan jokingly, "bitty," I got closer, "baby," he laughed knowing I was joking around and doing it for the dare, "Lupin."
       We started laughing and sooner or later, went to our rooms to get rest for the next day. Before I went to bed I figured out what everyone in my 'family' would be calling me. I would be calling Ireland, Ira and she would be calling me Lils.
        Beatrix I would call Trixie, so she would call me Rosie. I would call James, Jamie and he would call me Lily-flower. I would call Nathan, Nate, and he would just call me Lily.
       Overall, I think I will enjoy it here.