A Rookie In Blue

"15-09. We have a disturbance call on Civil Avenue"

"This is 15-09, we are free to respond".

Andy radioed in and Oliver hit the lights. When they arrived, they saw people fleeing the scene. "What going on here" Oliver puzzled. Andy drew her gun and walked up the stairs to the building. It was a three story business building. When Andy and Oliver burst through the door, They saw 5 gunned men, pointing right at them. Oh god, we just walked into a hostage situation Andy thought.

"15-09, we need back up stat" Andy radioed in.

Bang. The man nearest to Andy shot at her. The shooter had bad aim and accidentally shot the woman standing near her. "No" Andy screamed. She checked for a pulse. Nothing.

Meanwhile, Oliver had been forced to the ground, with a gun to his head. The shooter picked Andy up and threw her against the wall. Andy was dazed. Sirens outside approached. "Shit" the shooter screamed. He kicked Andy and ran towards the back of the building. A few other men followed, but two of them remained. "Can we talk about this" Oliver was using his officer voice, trying to get in the two men's mind. "Shut up" Bang. The burly man shot Oliver. Oliver crumpled down.

ETF came storming in. The two men put their hands up. Medical responders put Oliver on a stretcher and rolled him out. Gail and Chris, who had responded, helped Andy stand up. Andy had a few bruises on her face, but nothing to serious. " I'm fine I'm fine" she kept saying. "I think you need to get checked out" Chris told her. "I'm fine, really. But.. Can you drive me to the station" Andy was looking behind Chris. Chris turned his head slightly, and saw Sam and Cruz get out of a car. He nodded, "Come on". Andy followed him into a squad.

************************************

"We have a 34 year old female victim. GSW to the chest. About 13 hostages. Shaken up, but otherwise fine. Two officers responded, one got shot in the vest, the other just a little banged up" Sam told Callaghan, who had just arrived. "Who were the officers" Luke asked.

Sam sighed,"Oliver Shaw and Andy McNally". Luke nodded. He walked to a victim and started questioning.

Back at the station, Andy was giving her statement to Traci. "We were responding to a call, and people were fleeing the scene. Oliver and I went In. There were..uh 5 men, all armed. They forced Oliver down, and I called backup. One of the men got mad, and sh-shh--ot the women next to me". Andy stopped. "Hey hey hey. It's going to be alright. Why don't you go home, I'll drive you" Traci told her. Andy nodded. "Do you want me to call Nick" Andy shook her head, "I'll be fine..uh I think I need to be alone for awhile. Let me grab my coat".

Traci dropped Andy off in front of her apt. "Are you sure you are going to be ok" She asked. Andy nodded and walked to the door.

************************************

Sam drove back to the station. He wondered how Andy was doing. He thought about calling her, but Marlo sat inches away from him. Oliver was still in surgery, so there was no point to go to the hospital. When they arrived at the station, Marlo went off and Sam decided to see if Andy was here. He couldn't find her in the locker room, or in the squad room. He walked into Franks office, "Hey where's McNally" He asked him.

"McNally left an hour ago. She was pretty shaken up. She needed to rest. But don't worry she will be back tomorrow" Frank told him. Sam nodded and went to find Nash.

************************************

Andy took a shower and made herself some tea. She passed by a mirror. Her face was slightly bruised and she was a little pale. Andy sighed. Knock Knock. Someone was knocking at the door. Andy, puzzled since no on but Nash knew she was home, opened the door. It was a man. He looked about 30. "Can I help you" Andy asked. Suddenly the world went black. The man had knocked her out unconscious. He slung her over his shoulder and left. He bound her in the backseat, and drove off.

************************************

"Good morning 15. I have good news" It was the next morning during briefing. "Oliver's surgery went fine. It was not that bad. He will be discharged tomorrow and back on desk duty in a week". People applauded. "And..and we have an idea who the men were and who the woman was". Frank pulled out a mug of a woman. "This is Lucelle Coldwell. She has been in 11 murder investigations, including the murder of her 4 year old daughter, Jenni."

Callaghan came into the room, placing a photo on the board,"Meet Gene Coldwell. Head of the Coldwell Gang. Been in 13 investigations. We caught two of his crew, one of them being one of the sons of him and Lucelle".

"Ok everyone. Lets find Gene. Find gene, found the money". Frank said.

"Serve. Protect, and find the bastard. Assignments are on the board".

"Hey Sam, have you seen McNally" Chloe asked Sam. "Uh I don't know what am I, McNallys keeper" Sam said, eying Marlo. "Oh ok. It's just we are patrolling together, and I can't find her". Chloe hesitated. "She is probably in the locker room. Never mind me asking." Chloe walked away shoulders low.

"Hey babe" Marlo said, kissing Sam on the cheek. "Hey" Sam nodded. "How bout we meet for lunch ok!?" Marlo asked. Sam nodded. He walked into the Ds office.

"Hey Trac. Have you heard from McNally recently".

"Not since yesterday afternoon. Why?"

"Oh it's probably nothing. It's just that she's not here".

Sam and Traci looked at each other.

"I'll be in the car"

"Yep"

**********************************

When they arrived, Traci used her spare key. Everything looked normal. "McNally. Where are ya" Sam yelled.

"She's not here" Traci said, starting to panic. "Alright Alright. Maybe she is on a run. Or or at the store. Try calling her again" Sam said, trying to not sound scared.

From across the room, a ringing came. "Oh shit" Sam yelled. He found her wallet and her phone on the table.

Andy would not leave her Phone and Wallet. "Where the hell is she" Traci said, phonic evading her voice.

"Traci...TRACI".

"What Swarek". Traci saw were his eyes were staring at. A pool of dried blood was on the floor. "Oh god" Traci slurred, trying to keep the tears back.

____________________________________________________