Thirty-One

Words: 2000

"Harry, this is stupid!" I whined. After Harry and I agreed to start all over again, he came up with this brilliant idea that we just had to do at that very moment. He asked Liam to leave and smiled brightly when he did.

I felt a little bad about Liam. I mean, he's Harry's best friend and each time they're together it seems like I'm the one pushing him away from Harry. But like Harry said, I shouldn't worry so much about it. They've known each other for ages. Liam wouldn't just shut him out because of this and neither would Harry. They were just going to be 'separate for a little while', or that's what Harry said.

"Just do it, Niall. It's not so bad," Harry tried again. Seriously, when he said we should start all over, I didn't really think he meant all over for real.

"Harry, I already know you. It's strange!"

"No, it isn't. It's just... Let's say it's just a game. Whoever can act the best like they really don't know the other wins?"

If I'm being honest, I loved how Harry tried to make everything so childish. When we first met, I seriously thought he hadn't had a very lovely childhood or anything, but now, look at him. He's making everything a game, just to make it easier and smoother. To have more fun.

I sighed and shook my head, laying back down on the couch, my feet in his lap. "We already know who will win Mr. I've Been Acting Ever Since I Was 5!"

"You're being melodramatic. Besides, I've seen you act before. You're good, Niall. Just don't feel so insecure about everything. Would I really say you're good if I didn't mean it?"

His hands went down to my legs as he ran his fingers up and down slowly, creating goosebumps underneath my jeans. "Well, you have your ways to get what you want, and that's something I didn't hear from others, I've seen it myself."

With a roll of his eyes, he looked down at me and smirked. "Okay, now, let's play our game," he said excitedly, making me groan. "Alright, just pretend we're in a movie? That should be easy, right? It's an improvisation game."

Alright, here goes nothing.

"All right, but I start," I said. Harry nodded and smiled excitedly. I mentally prepared myself and put on a smile. "Hey, I'm Niall, Niall Horan. What's your name?" I felt so stupid, but he left me no other choice.

"I'm Harry. Harry Styles," he answered smoothly. I nodded and looked down at my folded hands in my lap. "So, tell me something about yourself, Neil."

My eyes widened and I sat up so I could slap his arm. "You did that on purpose! You know it's Niall, you little shit," I said fake-angry and completely forgotten about the game.

Harry chuckled and shook his head with a smug look on his face. "I already won. If this is how this is going, then I'm enjoying it very well." I groaned and glared in his direction as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Fuck off. That was just mean. You're a cheater!"

"And you're a sore loser. Niall, it's a game. Besides, that would have been the exact same thing I would have said if we would have met properly, instead of you bumping into me and my coffee splashing on your shirt."

I must say, I remembered that day pretty well. The day I met this arrogant bastard that tried to befriend me for a stupid movie. It made me realize we only have a week and a half left to become friends. I mean, it's not that hard, seeing I enjoy Harry's presence, but I just don't think we can stay friends for a long while. We always fight. That's how it goes.

"I want a rematch."

Harry shook his head with a fond smile on his face. "Sure, loser, but first something to drink." He stood up and placed my feet on the couch again before he walked into the kitchen. Instead of staying on the couch, I followed him quickly, trying to be as close to him as possible -just so I couldn't get lost, for obvious reasons.