Freakin' Perfect

I took a deep breath, blinking slowly as I felt myself wake up. Letting out the breath, I felt my heart beat quicken as my eyes met Scott's bright blue eyes.

"Morning," he muttered.

"Hi," I whispered, unable to help the smile growing on my lips.

"How are you feeling?" Scott asked, scooting back slightly on the bed, letting me see his full face.

I sighed, biting my lip as I looked down at his chest. "I...I don't want to talk about it," I told him.

"Mitch," he muttered softly.

"No, it...it makes me feel sick, Scott," I explained, looking up at him.

"Thinking about Ralph, about last night makes me feel...useless...makes me feel like an idiot, like...like it could all happen again."

My voice trailed off into a whisper, and Scott pulled me close again. "You're not useless, Mitch, not in the slightest. And you're certainly not an idiot, Ralph is. You know why?"

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because he threw away and ruined the best thing he had ever met," Scott told me.

I looked up at him again, locking my eyes with his as he continued to speak. "Ralph lost a wonderful man," he said, smiling as one of his hands moved up to cup my cheek. I could feel my breath leave you as his fingers stroked my cheek softly.

"Ralph was an idiot, because he couldn't see an amazing man right in front of him. A beautiful man. A man so stunning he captures every man, and woman's attention. A man that...that any man would be lucky that he could spend the rest of his life with."

"Scott," I whispered, feeling tears well in my eyes.

Scott smiled, before leaning in slowly, and I could feel my heart beat faster the closer he got to me.

I couldn't stop myself as my eyes fluttered closed, just before Scott's lips met mine. And as his lips met mine, I felt an explosion of joy inside me.

Scott's kiss was different than any other kiss I had ever had in my life. It felt right, perfect, in every single way.
Then as I started to move my lips against his, he pulled away. I opened my eyes, confused as he sat up instantly.

I sat up as well, growing even more worried. "Scooter?"

He stood at the edge of the bed, his face panic stricken, his eyes wide. "Mitch, I...I'm..I have to go," he said suddenly, reaching down and grabbing his shoes before darting straight out of my trailer.

I moved to the doorway, standing in it to call out to him, but as I was about to, I saw he was too far away.

Sighing, I closed the door, moving back to my bed in a daze. It was hard to focus on any single thought.

All I knew was that Scott had just kissed me, and then ran. And I realized that I hadn't wanted him to go.

-/::\-

Scott cursed, staring at himself in the mirror. "Hey, you okay in there?" Kirstin asked, calling through Scott's trailer door.

Sighing, Scott called back, "No, not really."

In an instant, Kirstin stepped inside the trailer, shutting the door behind herself. "Dude, what's wrong?"

Sighing again, Scott turned to his close friend. "I...kissed Mitch."

"What?!"

Scott flinched, holding up his hands. "Woah, just calm down."

"How can I calm down?" Kirstin asked, her eyes wide, a large smile on her face. "You kissed him?!"

"Yes, I did," Scott replied.

"And? What did he say?" Kirstin asked, sitting on Scott's bed.

"Nothing, I....I ran before he could say anything," Scott answered, his words getting quieter as the sentence grew.

"I'm sorry, you ran?" Kirstin repeated, her smile falling.

Sighing, Scott told her the full story, of everything that had happened the night before, all the way until he and Mitch had laid down in his bed.

"Damn," Kirstin cursed, rubbing her eyes. "We can talk with Avi about Ralph later though. What happened with Mitch?"

"We..fell asleep holding each other," Scott told her, rubbing the back of his neck. "And when we woke up...I asked how he was feeling, and...some stuff just came out, and...I kissed him."

Kirstin's mouth fell slack as Scott continued. "But, I mean, it's the worst timing ever! Ralph is around still, he terrified Mitch last night, and...I...I took advantage of him. When I shouldn't have."

"Scott, you need to talk to him!" Kirstin cried, standing and shoving Scott's shoulder.

"I'm not going to talk to him!" Scott cried.

"Yes you are!" Kirstin yelled. "He's been through enough, and you just kissing him and running isn't going to help him at all!"

Scott sighed, his head falling. "Yeah. You're right. But how...how do I do this?"

"It's just talking," Kirstin replied.
"No, it's more than that," Scott stated, looking his friend in the eyes. "This could either ruin our whole friendship because he doesn't feel how I feel, or this could take our friendship to a completely different level! And I...I'm not sure I'm ready for the second one, and I don't want us to not be friends anymore."

"How do you feel about him?" Kirstin asked, looking Scott in the eyes.

Scott sighed, opening his mouth to reply when a knock sounded on the trailer door. "My children? You both in there?"

Kirstin groaned softly as Scott called, "Yeah, we're in here."

The door opened and Avi stepped partially inside. "Hey, I just had a talk with Mitch," he told them.

Scott could feel his nerves spike instantly. "Oh."

"Yeah, he told me about Ralph last night," Avi continued, before smiling at Scott. "You're a good guy, to take care of him."

"Well, I...I had to," Scott replied. "Ralph's an ass."

"Yeah, I can agree with you on that," Avi stated. "He's gonna take the day off though, to relax. I already told his team about it all, and I'm about to go talk with the directors."

"Are you going to decide what to do with Ralph?" Kirstin asked, stepping towards the man.

Avi sighed, running his temple.

"Legally, we can't fire him; he didn't lay a hand on Mitch. But, we'll talk and figure it out. Mitch is more important than he is, so we'll take care of Mitch before him." He then pointed at Scott, smiling. "I'm glad you did it, but from now on no throwing punches unless it's provoked, okay? I don't want fights on set."

Scott nodded, giving him a small smile. "Got it."

Avi smiled, stepping out of the trailer then. "See you kids soon!"

Scott let out a breath as he left, looking at Kirstin. "You're getting off lucky today," Kirstin stated, holding up a finger to him. "But you're going to talk to him."

Scott sighed, nodding. "Okay."
Shoving Scott slightly, Kirstin then walked out of his trailer, smiling as soon as the door was shut behind her.

Laughing softly, Kirstin muttered, "They're so freakin' perfect together."