Chapter 33

Again, the song has nothing to do with the chapter I just really like it!

Infinity's POV:

There were bodies everywhere, from the front lines to the pack house. Kacey had no mercy in her whatsoever.

I ignored the fight around me and slowly walked through the chaos.

I was used to things like chaos and it didn't surprise me that things like these don't faze me anymore.

Some have called me heartless, but I'm not.

All of this warfare, wasn't necessary. These people had mates and family, but they're all being brutally murdered because of me.

I stepped over a few bodies as I walked, apologising if I accidentally step on them, even though it would never reach their ears.

A few wolves tried sneaking up on me but with one flick of my wrist they flew through the air, landing somewhere in the forest.

Kacey was stupid for going through with this war. She was the only one with powers on her side whereas we had five guardians.

I don't give a shit about the visions anymore.

We had something planned and that's all anybody has to know.

"My dear, you look so tense." I looked towards a tree in the forest to see Kacey lent against it, Lace and Cammie on either side of her.

"It's sad really, isn't it Fin? How all of these people are dying because of you? It would have been so much easier if you let me kill you." I laughed at her, which clearly shocked her.

"I'm sorry, let you kill me? You're just a witch." She smirked.

"You've forgotten that I'm also a werewolf, dear." She didn't know I'm a werewolf. Good.

"Oh no, I'm so scared." What? That totally wasn't sarcasm right there.

She shifted into a light cream wolf and immediately charged towards me.

I smiled and lifted my hand, making a tree root spurt from the ground and wrap around her ankle, stopping her in her tracks.

"Kacey, you seem to have forgotten who my father is." She growled and tried to unravel he root from her ankle, with no luck.

"Then again, did you even know in the first place?" I walked around her in a circle.

"Have you heard the prophecy?" I looked over to Lace and Cammie. They just looked back at me, as if they were here but their minds weren't.

"You know, the one where the Moon Goddess and Lucifer have a child that becomes the strongest being on the planet?" I lent down to whisper in her ear.

"Spoiler alert: I am that prophecy." Before I knew it, Kacey's claws swiped across my face, leaving three claw marks reaching from my right eye to the right side of my mouth.

"Fuck," I hissed as I realised she had cast a spell on her claws to coat them in wolfsbane.

I growled and twisted my wrist, creating a circle of fire around me and Kacey, burning a few wolves to a crisp in the process.

I felt a drop of blood trickle down my face and land on the floor.

"You made a big mistake thinking you could kill me Kacey." She laughed at me but it didn't last long. I clenched my fist making all of the air inside the circle of fire move away, leaving us with no oxygen.

I was perfectly fine. As a guardian, I didn't need air to breath but it was a normal function I had grown used to.

Kacey's eyes widened and her hands flew up to her neck, as if it would.

She shifted back into human form and collapsed on the ground.

Unclenching my fist, I walked towards her as she lay there, barely breathing.

"I told you."

I grabbed her by the neck and pulled her to her feet, once again leaving her with no air.

"You will never beat me."

With that, I crushed her windpipe and threw her into a tree.

I looked at her dead body and smiled.

I extinguished the circle of fire with water and scanned the battlefield.

I saw Tobias arguing with Lace on the other side of the field. It looked pretty heated.

Tobias growled and pushed Lace back.

Lace's shirt lifted a bit and that's when I saw the gun.

Not just any gun; one that holds silver bullets.

I started to run across the field with all of he strength I had left in me.

But that's when I heard the gunshot.