Chapter 10

"WHOOO!" X-Ray yelled while jumping off of the dock into the lake, splashing Vav in the face.

I shook my head as Rusty and I brought my cooler out that's full of drinks. We set it down next to the beach chairs. "I'm glad we decided to do this." Rusty told me as he went back into my house to get the pizza we ordered earlier. I let a breath out watching X-Ray and Vav splash each other while Orf played with them.

"You guys better not break Orf!" Hilda yelled to them from her seat while lifting her sun glasses slightly.

I chuckled and took two pizza boxes from Rusty when he came back out, leaving him with the other two boxes. We both set a box between each seat before I took a seat next to Hilda with a sigh. "Thanks for inviting us to the celebratory Corpirate defeat party, Mavis. I know that X-Ray wouldn't let Vav invite me if they hosted it." Hilda told me while rolling her eyes slightly at the end.

"Yeah, well you and Orf are apart of the crew now. It's not so bad with two other girls, even if one of them is a robot." I said making us both chuckle.

Rusty walked by giving me an open beer before walking onto the dock and setting his feet in the water while talking to X-Ray and Vav with his own beer in hand. Orf floated in the water, making small comments to what would Rusty would say. I watched them with a small smile while Hilda leaned back, soaking the sun in.

I took a swig of my beer before spitting it out, tasting relish in it. "Rusty!" I yelled getting up. He cackled once he saw that I fell for his prank. I growled and ran towards them. "Oh shit." Rusty said before I tackled him in the water, it's a good thing I'm wearing my bathing suit under my clothes. We both popped up from the water to breath.

"DOG PILE!!" We both heard before X-Ray and Vav jumped on us making us go back under.

When we all came back up we laughed loudly. I soon noticed the shadow above us making me quickly swim away from them as a transformed Orf and Hilda canon balled right next to them. X-Ray had finally noticed and looked up, widening his eyes. "OOH FU-" He was cut off as they hit the water dragging the three of them back under from the waves. I swam back towards them as the waves slowly died down and they all popped up with hair in their faces.

Hilda and I cackled and high fived each other. "I can't see!" Vav yelled in a panic while waving his arms around, which ended up smacking Rusty in the face making him groan. I dodged his arms before moving his hair out of his face. "Oh." Vav said. X-Ray rolled his eyes slightly as Rusty and him fixed their hair themselves while grumbling.

I swam back to the dock and pulled myself up, shivering slightly when a breeze hit me. "Where are you going?" X-Ray asked me.

"I'm hungry and I don't exactly like eating cold pizza, as you should know by now." I told him as I walked back to shore.

That's all it took for him to be hyped. "PIZZA!!" X-Ray yelled making Vav perk up and swim along side him as they went back to shore along with Rusty, Hilda and Orf following after. I felt something staring at my back making me stop walking and turn to look around. I stared across the lake and narrowed my eyes seeing a barely visible shadow of a figure.

"You should hurry Mavis, before these two eat all the pizza." Rusty yelled out to me.

I nodded a little still staring at the figure before turning back around and jogging down the dock to them.