Chapter 3 ~ Anais

Darwin blinked, forgetting all about the mental breakdown he experienced about 5 seconds ago.
"What's going on, Darwin?" Anias asked, raising a eyebrow warily. "You look horrible- and this isn't you. I heard you slamming the door earlier, and then I heard you shouting something. Of course, mum and dad didn't hear- they're oldies. But I am young and I have rabbit ears, I can hear perfectly."
Darwin shivered and took a small step back, hitting the bathroom door behind him and getting smudged against it. "I'm o-okay, r-really!" Darwin put on his best fake smile for Anais who did not buy the act.
"I'm not dumb, Darwin. Come on, you can tell me. It can't be that bad." Anais giggled, remembering the secret Darwin never told Gumball.
"B-but it is..." Darwin muttered, gritting his teeth and pulling on his hoodie, scared. "I-it's horrible-- you're too y-youn- I can- hh-" He rubbed his aching cheek flustered and started blushing madly, looking as if his face was painted crimson.
Anais laughed at him, lost on words. "I'm smarter than you and everyone else in this whole neighbourhood. I know everything, well mostly- it's impossible for me to know everything. Either way, you can tell me." Anais was never the dirty one, but she knew about it very well. Her 5 year old young self was too smart and that could damage her brain sometimes- as stupid as that sounds.
"You're not looking at uhh... p-" Anais stopped herself from saying the word, causing a dizzy and confused Darwin offended.
"W-wha-?? Uh- any-anyway, I've g-got a crush...." Darwin blushed harder, making Anais grin and clasp her hands together evilly.
"On?" Anais smirked, nudging Darwin and winking.
Darwin shook his head, squeaking and covering his mouth. "G-mfumv-mhbafhll" He spat out like poision yet making it muffled. Anais slapped Darwin's hands from his mouth and stared in his eyes for a while.
"Tell. me. I wont tell mom or something!" She blurted, thinking that this confession would win Darwin over.
"....gum...ball...." Darwin mumbled out, yet clear enough to hear, covering his face with his hoodie and sobbing into the silk hoodie.
Anais, completely shocked, didn't know how to react. She knew it would be shocking, but not this shocking! She never even knew Darwin was gay! She almost thought it was precious. She hopped onto Darwin's soaked lap (again (•>• nooot dirty nootdoot!) and pat his head comfortingly.
"It's okay Darwin... So you're probably worried about him? I can understand that. It must be hard." Anais tried to make Darwin better, but that made him worse.
Darwin felt as if he were a wild animal in a cage trapped all alone, with only the comfort of pitiful people.
"I-I don't need... Your sympath-thy..." Darwin cried and ran off to his room again, this time locking the door and crying even harder.

Now that Anais knew, she had the power to tell Gumball- or everyone! Anais could betray him! Darwin punched the door , his thoughts lurking over to Gumball this time.

Flashback:
SHe is so cute! " Darwin was lovestruck, staring at a blue cat in a white wedding dress, then taking a photo of the cat's back and melting into the floor. Darwin knew this was Gumball- bur Gumball was way more cuter now. In that dress- attracting everyons's attention. Darwin did feel jealous of the people who spent their time with that gumball, but he would never be jealous of Gumball himself! He saw him as a precious sarcastic cinnanonbun, so sweet and delicate- fragile and innocent! Darwin immidiately ran over to the special Gumball and smiled widely.
End of flashback.

Darwin felt warmer now, just thinking about Gumball in general. He sniffed up the tears and got comfortable at the door, thinking all about Gumball.

Meanwhile at the hospital...
Gumball was horrified. The medicine he just took was horrifyingly disgusting- yet somehow filled him up? Gumball felt as about he was about to throw up- swallowing every inch of the sticky and slimy goop on his spoon. It was brown coloured, probably indicating the sunday roast. Gumball felt chills down his spine and smashed on a fake smile. "Can I have a drink, please?!" He whined, his throat dry.
"Yes yes, be patient young man." The nurse got a glass of water and forced him to drink it, Gumball almost choking and feeling as if he had a death wish.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He shrieked, pulling off the hospital cords and running for his life. The nurse took out a walkie talkie and mumbled some curse words into it before saying that Gumball had escaped.
"IT'S FOR YOUR HEALTH!" The nurse screamed, Gumball ignoring her and exitting the hospital in his hospital dress.

Gumball breathed heavily, worried and scared. He eventually...