Where I Belong

"No."

   Niall looked at me with a hurt expression on his face.

  "Why? What can I do to make you trust me?" he demanded. I could tell he was getting frustrated.

  "You don't have to do anything but give me time. That, just now," I started waving my arms around for who knows what reason, "that isn't giving me time!"

   "Then why'd you kiss me back?!" he yelled.

   "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! I FREAKING LOVE YOU, OKAY?!" I shouted back. He sat there for a second in silence until I heard the office door unlock. We looked over at it before Niall grabbed the chair he had been tied up to and blocked the door, so nobody could get in.

  He sat down on the floor and held out his hand for me to take. I took it reluctantly and he pulled me down into his lap.

   "I love you too, princess. Now, why don't you trust me?" he whispered into my ear as he stroked my hair. I shivered and he tightened his arms around me.

   "Because I think we rushed into this. I was still trying to get over a break up and you were trying to get over yours when we figured out we loved each other. We never told each other about it, but we both know it's true." I felt him nod into my shoulder.

   "I was trying to get over a relationship because I thought I loved her, but I can tell now that I never did. Why are you trying to get over yours?" he asked me.

   "Because he hurt me." I leaned back into his chest.

   "What?" Niall asked me, confused as to what I was telling him.

   "He hurt me. Not physically, just verbally."

   "Can you tell me? It's okay if you don't, but I can help you through it." My boyfriend is so freaking caring.

   "I will. Klayton and I had been dating for almost a year. I was so happy with him, and I thought he felt the same way with me. I thought I loved him..." tears sprang to my eyes just talking about it. "Well, he was the popular football player of the school and I was just that normal girl who had nothing extraordinary about her, I got good grades, but that was just about it. I didn't know what he had seen in me, but it made sense later. I got home one day when I got a text from him...he asked me to meet him somewhere, I don't remember where, to talk. He never just wanted to talk, but I was foolish and didn't think anything of it." Niall's arms tightened around me before I kept talking.

   "And?"

  "And I met up with him. I hugged him but he just stood there, stiff as a board. He turned to me and asked me if I knew he loved me. He had been telling me for the past 8 months, how could I not remember? I told him I knew he loved me and he said 'Good, remember that because I have to do this...'" tears started falling down my cheeks and Niall pulled me closer. "He told me he had to break up with me, because I wasn't popular and I didn't have the same friends as him. He told me that if I became popular before he moved on, by chance, we could get back together and act like nothing had even happened...a week later he asked Lexi on a date. She said no, of course, but it hurt. Later, he asked one of the cheerleaders of the school and they ended up dating."

   "I'm sorry, Jamie...I didn't know." Niall ran a hand through my hair, playing with the end of it.

   "That's not all, Ni." He looked at me surprised.

   "Continue."

   "Well, I figured out that his friends on the football team had dared him to date me and see how far he could get with me without me freaking out. A month into dating the cheerleader, she got pregnant and he dumped her. Then, he came up and told me that had been his goal with me...he never meant anything. I was just a toy for him to play with..."

   "So...when I told you that you would never be as famous as I am, you pictured him...and I scared you?" Niall asked me slowly, trying to figure everything out.

   "Yes," I squeaked out. Niall sighed and rubbed circles on my back with his palm.

   "I'm sorry, baby girl. I love you, I would never play you like that idiot would. I would never do anything to you like he had planed on doing. I promise you, I will never hurt you like he did."

  I turned around so I was straddling his lap and pulled him into a hug.

  "I love you."

 "I love you more, princess. More than you will ever know."

  BANG! The door burst open to reveal Louis, Liam, Harry, Zayn and Simon all standing there with gigantic grins stretched across their faces.

  "The break's over?!?!?" Harry yelled. I looked at Niall to see him already staring at me, waiting for an answer. I leaned forward and kissed him softly, my arms around his neck. His hands went to my waist and he pulled me closer.

   We pulled away, panting for breath, and turned to the boys.

   "The break's over." We said at the same time. The boys and Simon all cheered and Niall pulled me up just in time to be swallowed in a group hug.

   "I love you," Niall whispered in my ear.

  This is where I belong.