Chapter 2

When I went back to the station, I asked if I could have a word with the chief immidiatly. Then one of the officers told me that the chief could see me now so I walked into his office and told him my experience at the house. "Well should we send some other officers with you next time you go, Matt?" Chief said. "No sir,I would hate to put any officer's lives on the line." "Are you sure Matt? " "Yes sir!" "Ok Matt. If you visit the house again please be careful when you go and if you wouldn't mind take pictures of every room in that house, please.There has to be clues somewhere!." "Yes sir. I am going over there as soon as I leave here, If that's ok with you sir?" "Go, just please stay safe Matt!" The chief said as I walked out of his office. "I will sir!" I said.

I left the station and walked out to my car and got in then started heading to the house then I remembered I hadn't eaten anything this morning so I decided to head over to bojangles and grab a bite to eat. After I ate and was back in my car I turned on one of my favorite songs, Smells Like Teen Spirit, and started to drive to the house.

I pulled into the driveway and got out grabbing my flashlight and my camera. I walked up those six creaky steps to the door and walked in, turning on my flashlight, I walked over to one of the empty rooms to take the pictures the chief had asked for. I did this with all the rooms until I only had two more left so I walked over to one of the two rooms and noticed that there was a padlock on it so I walked over to the next room and opened the door, took pictures of every wall and decided to look around when all of a sudden there was a loud bang that sounded like something had fallen. I walked out of the room I was in and then over to the door I had went to first and noticed that the padlock on it had been....had been...pulled off and was now sitting next to my foot. I shuttered at the thought that what if there really was a ghost haunting this place.... what if this spirit or ghost or thing uggg whatever it is killed Emily and Jimmy?!? How the hell would I explain this to the chief?! He would think I was insane and then fire me! Then what the fuck would I do??...I took a deep breath and reached for the door knob with a shaky hand and twisted it not knowing what I would find. I walked in nervously. What I saw made me want to scream, Pictures upon pictures covering every wall from the floor all the way to the ceiling, pictures of every murder that wasn't solved. There were only four photos that stood out to me the most, I walked over to one of the walls for some reason I knew these two children, could it really be true could it really be Emily and Jimmy?! I took the picture I had of Emily and Jimmy. It was them!! I wasn't seeing things it was really them!! I stepped out of the room and made a phone call to the station. Riiinnggg riiiinggg "come on answer the goddamn phone!!" I screamed at the phone and waited impatiently. "This is..." they said as I cut them off "no time this is Matt put the chief on the phone immediately! " "Matt? What do you need? Did you find something?" "Sir!, all I'm going to say is you need to get down here asap!" I hung up the phone and walked back to the room.

Thirty minutes later I heard the chief's voice so I headed outside leaving the room as I'd seen it last. "Sir!..your not gonna believe what's in there." I said in a panicked but calm voice. "Matt, no time to talk show me the room you're talking about." "Yes sir!." We walked inside over to the room. "Matthew, is this some kind of fucking joke you're playing here?!" The chief said angrily. " No sir, why would I tell you something that isn't true?" "Then explain how the hell you got into this room without a key or cutting the lock?" The chief said getting angrier by the minute. "Sir, please believe me! get your men to cut the lock I know what I saw in there! I swear on my job sir!" I said begging the chief to believe me. "Fine! Neilson get in here!" "Yes sir?" "Get the lock cutters!" "Yes sir!" Neilson said as he ran out the front door to get them. "Chief I promise you won't be disappointed I know what I saw and it wasn't pretty by any means!"."Matthew! I'm gonna say this once if we get this damn door open and there is nothing here you better look for another damn job! You hear me?!" The chief said with a red face, that you could feel the heat emitting from him. I stood there in front of him frozen not knowing what to say he snapped his fingers in my face a said "Do you understand me Matthew?" The chief said angrily. "Uhh...umm... yes sir!"