3

(Six months later)
It has been 8 months since my diagnosis and 13 months since link's.

Link isn't cancer free yet he still has 11 months left of treatment and I have a year and five months.

I have gotten weaker in the last few months and I put in so much effort in being my old self that I lost myself.

I come home and collapse it feels like and I feel so horrible for my wife having to see he curled up on the couch with no energy in noticeable pain.

I feel horrible because she has to deal with me throwing up at 2:00am.
She had to deal with me feeling weak.

(Jessie's pov)
I go to the living room and see rhett asleep on the couch with his hat and sweater on and his shoes too.
He looked like he have been awake for days but he was fighting for his life.

What have happened in the last 7 months have changed me for the better because without this diagnosis I wouldn't know how strong he was not just that but If he wasn't diagnosed I wouldn't know that everytime he fell apart he would be broken till the pieces fall back into place.

(Rhett's pov)
When link was diagnosed I never thought 5 months later I would be diagnosed also.
When I was diagnosed my world started to crumble around me because I thought when I was diagnosed I was going to die and the first chemotherapy treatment was the worst and I still have  flashbacks of the first three months after the diagnosis.