Chapter 4: Strange Happenings

I couldn't quite comprehend what was happening.

My teacher was pressing against me, wearing no shirt at all -- and looking hot. I couldn't really concentrate; it was too difficult not to look at him, not to touch him. My hands were on his chest, my fingers spread out to take in more of his warmth. His eyes were wide and had a shade of pure gold. I knew this was wrong. After all...

...he was still my teacher.

At that thought, I tried to shove him away but it didn't help; he was pressing too hard against me. I looked up, my lips parted in surprise. I frowned at the sight of his eyes. They were closed. Had he fallen asleep?

"Ryan-"

"Stop. Don't say anything." He pushed himself away from me and took a deep breath. His body seemed to grow tense again. I could only watch with wide eyes. Why was he doing this? I knew that I was attracted to him, but Ryan? He shouldn't be attracted to me! He was at least seven years older, at least -- that was what Alana had told me. Don't judge me, I just needed to know more about him. I'm not a stalker.

"Ryan?" I asked, slightly breathless due to what had just happened. He wasn't responding to his name so I tried something else. "Mr. Samson-"

His eyes flickered towards me and I blinked rapidly. I could've sworn that his eyes were gold before. I bit my lip hard, confused. Was I delusional? I couldn't help but stare at his handsome features; his toned chest, muscular arms and that V-shape at his hips. I felt my mouth go dry as I imagined how his body would feel against mine, naked-

I mentally pinched myself for such vulgar thoughts. Tsk tsk. Stupid Rose.

At the sound of his last name, he seemed to grow cold towards me. He did obviously not want to touch me again. I sighed; I wanted him to. It felt nice... so nice.

Wait. What was I doing?

Why was I thinking about him and his body when I couldn't find Trystan? I didn't know where he was -- and why was Ryan here anyway? Was he stalking me? My eyes widened at the thought as I looked at him and blinked rapidly at the sight of him.

His eyes had been pure gold a few seconds ago, and now they were dark once again.

"I thought you knew..." I heard him murmur and I frowned, furrowing my eyebrows as I took in his words. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"What do you mean-" I began but was cut off.

"What are you doing here, Rose?" he growled softly at me.

It was obvious that he was angry -- but then again, why? There were so many questions flooding my mind and I tried to escape the chaos of it.

"I - I was here with Trystan- wait. Where is Trystan?" I mumbled. Was he in danger? Had he just left without me? No, he wouldn't do that.

"I sent him to the car," he replied curtly, his jaw clenched. I gulped. Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Trystan. "Now. Answer my question, Rosemary," he began coldly, glaring at me with those mysterious eyes. "Why are you here?"

I frowned, not liking that tone at all. He wasn't in a position to use those words against me. It wasn't like he was of higher authority here, only in school. "Trystan took me here - to the lake. We were just having some fun-"

"Fun? Fun? It's dangerous out here, Rose! These woods are very, very dangerous. You shouldn't be here, especially not at night," he said slowly, his eyes carefully watching me.

"How so? I know that there are animals around, but no wolves or things like that," I snapped. Who did he think he was, bossing me around?

"You know nothing about such things." He glared at me, but I couldn't understand him.