2.4

n// I love badass effy so much jesus christ

song of the chapter: energy by drake

"What the fuck?" I asked myself, reading another one of my students' essays that was clearly written about thirty minutes before it was due, and more than obviously plagiarized to the extreme. "Derek, come look at this."

"What is it?" He asked, looking over my shoulder at my laptop screen.

"Read this passage. This one right here," I said, using my index finger to point at where I wanted him to read. "Someone actually submitted this."

"...Did someone literally just plagiarize the Declaration of Independence?" He asked in astonishment.

"Yup. And read right there as well. That, right there, Hale, is a One Direction lyric."

"Holy crap." He laughed, sipping his coffee and reading the rest of the dreadful paper. "You have to deal with that? Every day?"

"Mhm," I said, cringing at the rest of the assignment, knowing exactly what the student's grade was going to be. "The future of America, everyone."

"Who's the genius that wrote this, anyways?" Hale asked, taking a seat next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder, placing a kiss on it.

"Uh, I don't know, actually," I said, scrolling up to look at the name. "You have got to be kidding me."

"What?"

"Take a wild guess at which student of whom would attempt to get away with this."

"...Stiles."

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner!"

I rolled my eyes before giving him a grade on the essay, underlining everything wrong with it. Which was basically the whole thing.

"Finally," I sighed, slamming it down on top of the other pile of graded papers. "I am officially finished with grading."

"Good," Derek smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist and planting a soft kiss on my lips. "Now we can finally have some alone time-"

But Derek's sentence was cut off by the sound of his phone ringing, causing us both to groan out in misery. That is not the type of groaning I was expecting to be doing tonight, by the way.

"Ignore it." I whined as he checked the caller ID.

"It's Scott..." He said, looking over at me.

"So? He's probably asking for help with his math homework."

"Elizabeth, we both know good and well that Scott isn't calling because he needs help with his math homework."

"Well he could be! Tell him that 2+2=4 and he'll be good!"

But Derek just rolled his eyes at my comments and begrudgingly answered the call, snapping into it as soon as he could.

"What?!"

I watched as Derek's face grew from grumpy old man to worried, yet still slightly grumpy, middle aged man. Which caused me to roll my eyes and pout.

"It isn't homework, is it?"

He shook his head at me and I sighed, finishing off the rest of my drink before standing up as he ended the call, walking into my room.

"Where are you going?" Derek asked, calling after me.

"To get changed!" I responded, stripping of my clothes and putting on new ones. "I can't fight off werewolves and assassins in a pencil skirt and heels, you know. That's just impractical as hell. I mean, Lydia and Kira? They can pull it off, but I'm not as young and spry as they are."